I am anticipating graduation from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in May 2010 with a degree in Hospitality Management. My work experience in the hospitality industry has prepared me to use my skills in any task that I have to overcome. I will utilize what I have learned in my hospitality courses and apply it to any position. I am a very organized, ambitious, goal-oriented, dependable person who believes in hard work and self-motivation. I've been working in this industry for six years now and have a great passion for the hospitality industry. I'm always open to learn new things and to further my skills.
Indiana University of Pennyslvania, Indiana, Pennyslvania
Bachelor of Health and Human Services
Major: Hospitality Management
Majar GPA: 3.5/4.0 Overal GPA: 3.1/4.0
Four Points Sheraton, Cranberry Township, PennsylvaniaServer, Host, Room Service May 2008- Present• Prepared opening duties of the restaurant including pre-making salads, and stocked wait station with dinnerware• Attend to the guests every need to ensure satisfaction• Completed closing duties such as cleaned, bussed/reset tables, polished silverware/glassware, ensured all food in refrigerator is covered and dated• Host duties: seat guest to tables, answered phone for reservations, make specialty coffee drinks, brewed coffee for dining room area• Room Service duties: took orders on phone, prepared cart to bring trays to guest, delivered food, and retrieved trays on each floor of hotel.
Sherwood Oaks, Cranberry Township, PennsylvaniaServer August 2005- Feb 2008
• Prepared opening duties including filling salad bar, cutting fruit and desserts, restocking, folding napkins, filling waters and brewing coffee• Attended to the residents every need to ensure a pleasing experience• Set up the correct formal table room setting along with bussing tables as residents left• Completed back-work to close restaurant• Cross-training as dishwasher and line cook.
Panera Bread, Cranberry Township, PennsylvaniaWorked in Bakery April 2005- August 2005
• Customer service and cashier• Preparation of opening and closing the restaurant• Made specialty coffee drinks• Cross-trained in the sandwich line and dishwasher
-Knowledge in Microsoft Work,Excel, Powerpoint
-Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills
· Dean’s List- Fall 2006 to Present
· Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority
- Eta Deta Sigma Honor Society