Regulatory & Compliance Project Specialist
Growth Companies / Divestitures / Integration & Implementation / Crisis Management / Cost Containment / Regulatory Issues / Big 4 Consulting
Fortune 1000 Consultant with Process and IT Management Experience: I have an exceptionally diverse consulting career working with many well-known firms including JPMorgan, Citigroup, BNP Paribas, Amalgamated Bank, M&T Bank, Lehman, Bear Stearns, American Express, Wells Fargo, Western Union, Wachovia, Bank of America, MasterCard and many others. Career Track: Professional growth through such assignments as Crisis Consultant, Process Improvement Specialist, Project Cost Containment, Regulatory IT Specialist, Complex Project Management Specialist, and Practice Leader.
Growth Company Experience / Complex Operations / Project Specialist: I have developed and utilized my diverse consulting experience gained while working with some of the world's largest organizations managing extremely complex projects with impossible deadlines, providing interim operations management, integrating systems and processes, implementing compliance solutions, improving processes and reducing IT for substantial cost savings, running crisis management projects, and resolving Enforcement Actions.
Proven Record of Success: I am skilled working closely with top management being assigned the tasks of managing crisis projects, improving productivity, achieving regulatory compliance, and containing costs.
International Experience: My career has given me the opportunity to work in North America, London, and Asia/Pacific.
BS - Business Administration; MS - Finance
PMP Certified; CAMS Certified; Member ACFE
Selected Skills & Achievements
- Skills: Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to analyze difficult situations rapidly and perform against impossible deadlines. Self motivated and hands on - can meet the most demanding objectives. Ability to grasp complex technical matters quickly.
- Successfully managed a tight deadline complex regulatory project which involved cross-business coordination, Compliance operations, investigation procedures, and over 20 staff personnel, providing project leadership and guidance for Chief Compliance Officer (CCO). Worked directly with CCO and the VP of Administration completing the project on schedule and successfully resolved their USA Patriot Act violations. Identified and resolved a number of weak control points. Director, Deloitte & Touche.
- Reduced Compliance costs by streamlining operating procedures and eliminating duplicate processes and technologies. Identified duplicate costly workflows and processes and developed and executed plan for elimination. Directed IT to eliminate duplicate supporting technologies and consolidate their support functions within a shared service center. Savings were substantial. Director, Deloitte & Touche.
- Turned around a failed regulatory project by utilizing project and crisis management skills. Directed activities of the Compliance staff and IT and quickly identified key constituents, roles, and responsibilities. Designed project plan with drop dead dates and managed team to successfully turn around project and complete with only a 10 percent overrun. Utilized PMP certified project management techniques. Director, Deloitte & Touche.
- For an international firm designed and implemented 100+ behavior analytics to identify suspicious activity (AML monitoring, list processing, & surveillance) within their retail, private bank, asset management, investment bank, and treasury services business units. Scenarios were 'phase' implemented across the US, London, and Asia Pacific offices. Associate Partner, IBM.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance Consulting - Partner
- Deloitte & Touche LLP - Director, Regulatory & Capital Markets Compliance Technology Leader
- Deloitte & Touche LLP - Director, AML/Anti-Fraud Technology Leader
- IBM Global Services - Associate Partner, AML Banking and Strategy Leader
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - Managing Director, AML/Surveillance Technology