Director of Communications
Responsible for developing the communications strategy to drive qualitative and quantitative growth in Manahawkin Baptist Church, a medium size non profit organization. This is a newly created position that requires repositioning the organization and leading cultural change. I author all internal and external communications to engage members and extend reach, including website, Facebook, text blasts, direct mail, print and radio ads, weekly communications, community events and programs, signage, logo/name development, and presentations.
- Helped drive 114% increase in volunteerism by establishing a new program and integrated communication plan
- Helped drive 7% growth in 2010 and 2011 by supporting leadership via internal and external communication
- Assimilated 8% of total visitors into learning and/or serving groups in 2010 to increase retention
- Reversed the decline of the local chapter of MOPS (an international women's group) and generated 10% net growth annually for four consecutive years
- Established a high performing leadership team of eight by administrating strength/personality assessments and instituting best practices