Web & IT Coordinator
Hawaii International Film Festival
Web Design & Development
- Maintained the hiff.org site since March 2007, and implemented a new design based on the CMS Drupal in 2009. This design gets updated for every festival, and I collaborate with other staffers to add content to the website.
- Designed and developed a PHP/MySQL based internal website (festival database) to keep track of the vast amount of data for each event. The sections of the site correspond to various departments, including Membership, Hospitality, Sponsorship, Programming & Print Traffic.
- Integrated this festival database with the hiff.org site, providing forms to collect film and delegate information. Created an online program guide that pulls information from this database and displays it on the website.
Social Media / Online Marketing
- Helped create and maintain HIFF's accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace and Flickr. We have integrated these sites with HIFF's website and blog, reaching over 2000 people through Facebook and over 6000 through Twitter.
- Upload all of the film trailers we get to YouTube, and integrate these into the online program guide.
- Responsible for creating HIFF's email newsletters since early 2008, with an average of 50 newsletters sent per year to a list of roughly 20,000 subscribers.
Photography and Videography
- Provided photo and video services during the film festival events, posting filmmaker Q&A's and other videos to document the film festival, and provide more content for the website.
- Created a trailer reel DVD for play in HIFF's Box Office and other venues, including the festival's key visual and festival trailer/PSA for greater marketing impact.