Web Developer and Database Administrator
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design – Milwaukee, WI
MIAD is a small but focused art college in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Proposed, planned, and facilitated a major migration from Joomla! to WordPress, including all content and functionality of the old website and opening the door for many improvements in PCI, ADA compliance, and security
- Implemented custom solutions for front-facing web applications, often in support of extremely complex business rules
- Moved all web properties off of a cPanel based shared host to the Pantheon PaaS, enhancing backups, performance and delivery of web applications and content. This also greatly saved on hosting costs overall.
- Moved all codebases onto version control (via Git), greatly enhancing development and deployment strategies and allowing for increased ease of collaboration
- Replaced old, insecure payment forms with an in-house Laravel-based student payment system powered by BrainTree, easing PCI compliance and entirely eliminating breaches and abuse
- Replacing aging equipment checkout system with a newly developed fork of Snipe IT Asset Management, a laravel-based PHP application which I am adding several features specific to the education sector.