Sun Life Financial
As a dedicated specialist, I carry out multiple functions within the International Team each with varying responsibilities. In my time on the International Team, I have been part of multiple teams and have been flexible in changing departments due to business needs. As a result of this I am highly competent and experienced in all facets of the International Team operations . In my current role as Queue Manager my diligence and attention to detail has led to a rise in efficiency of the International Team's performance . I am one of the lead trainers on the team for new hires and also follow up training with more senior team members. As I have been on the International Team since day one I am considered a subject matter expert on all aspects and roles within the team. As I am one of the more experienced members of the team I am tasked with completing our Quarterly Sox Audit research, walk-throughs and also attend any follow up meetings with the Sox auditors to ensure compliance. Over the last 2 years I have been entrusted with the responsibility of managing the team as a substitute when no manager has been available. My experience enables me to be flexible as the team requires.
- End of day sign off - In a managers absence , I am tasked with ensuring the end of day for both teams are completed accurately and precisely. I then provide sign off on these reports.
- Training - I am one of the lead trainers on the team for new hires. I have also provided follow up training with senior members of the team on more complicated processes to ensure knowledge and practices are up to date.
- Audits - Completion of the Quarterly Sox research, walk-throughs and follow up calls with the Sox audit team based in the U.S
- Quality Control - In my Quality Control position I ensure that all work items are compliant and within our SLAs. And as Quality Controller a high level of diligence is required to ensure that all business items are processed accurately. In this role, I also provide feedback to members of the team who have a high number of corrections. I would work with all individuals to try and help them reduce their corrections with coaching and feedback sessions. At team meetings I collate these corrections and provide my observation of trends and highlight areas for improvement or development.
- Payroll - I am fully trained in the payroll procedure for International Team and also have experience in this role from a previous occupation as a payroll clerk for a company of more than 60 employees.
- Reporting - One of my main duties is the completion of the Quality Control Correction and Adjustment Report on a monthly basis. These reports are used for management meetings, trending, areas of focus and help the team identify the areas that need improvement for eg; updating of procedures and / or training requirements.
- Money In - I also collate all incoming monies for clients. I have trained numerous staff on this function and also on the procedure of the Quality Control check on the money in.
- Subject Matter Expert - As I have worked in Sun life for 9 years I network with various other teams with in Sun Life on business projects, system developments, system outages and system testing. Due to my wealth of knowledge within the International Team I have become the main point of inquiry for the team with any questions they may have.
- Ad-hoc duties - Outside my roles as Quality Controller and Queue Manager, I also help other departments on the team as required. These functions include processing, clarifications, phone coverage,correspondence, quality solutions, workflow and assisting on projects when needed.
- Supervision of Queues as Queue Manager
- Assign work to processors to ensure that our SLAs are achieved daily.
- Ensure all queues are properly staffed and reposition people when required to best facilitate the work load.
- Provide support and instruction when required.
- Collaborate with the team to help reduce unnecessary overtime.
- Constantly coordinate with team members to enhance efficiency.
- Sun Life Stretch Program.
- Reward & Recognition Program-Various impact awards for helping with projects, peer to peer nominations and meeting metrics.
- Nominated by my colleagues to take on Queue Manager Role.