- London United Kingdom
- [email protected]
Supervising students' dissertations for the MSc Marketing, MSc International Marketing and MSc Marketing Communications
Responsible for carrying out teaching and research duties. Involved in the administration of degree and postgraduate courses as well as responsible for organizing lectures and seminars
Involved in the research and designing of new courses and materials including a collaboration between the Business School and the Faculty of Arts in the creation of a Creative Industries Pathway
Carlos Acosta Premieres
35mm feature-length Spanish/Swiss co-production Lo Mas Importante de la Vida es No Haber Muerto
35mm short, Dreaming of Leo
35mm comedy feature, Diagnosis: Superstar
Permission to Play
Arts producer with extensive experience in independent productions. Skilled researcher and lecturer with specialised arts management and cultural policy knowledge, particularly in audience engagement and marketing. Currently lecturing at Royal Holloway, University of London.
Reviewer for London Theatre Guide: 2006 - Present
Assessor for Total Theatre Awards: Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2010 and 2011
CELTA: (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults), Pass B. 2008
GCAP: (Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice), 2011
Occasional reviewer for: Journal of Marketing Management; Journal of Macromaketing; Arts Marketing; Academy of Marketing Conference; International Society for Markets and Development Conference; Association for Consumer Research; Consumer Culture Theory Conference
- Preece, C. (2014) 'The branding of contemporary Chinese art and its politics: unpacking the power discourses of the art market' Arts Marketing: An International Journal, 4(1/2).
- Preece, C. (2013) 'The fluidity of value as a social phenomenon in the visual arts market' in D. O'Reilly, R. Rentschler, T. Kirchner (eds.) The Routledge Companion to Arts Marketing. London: Routledge.
- Preece, C. (2012) 'Review of Banksy's 'Exit through the Gift Shop'' Journal of Macromarketing, 32(4), 436-439.
- Preece, C. & Rodner, V. Flattery or forgery? A conceptual consideration of authenticity in the art market, 13th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, University of Birmingham, Sept 2014.
- Preece, C. Consumerism, Destruction and Value: Ephemeral art by Ai Weiwei, Michael Landy and Banksy, Macromarketing Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, June 2014.
- Preece, C. Framing the work: The composition of a visual arts brand, 12th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, University of Herriott-Watt, Sept 2013.
- Fillis, N. & Preece, C. Creative Identities in Career Development and Brand Building Academy of Marketing, University of South Wales, July 2013.
- Rodner, V. & Preece, C. Swimming Against the Current: Examining political influence on artistic practice, Macromarketing Conference, Schulich School of Business, York University, June 2013.
- C. Preece, The Construction of an Artistic Brand: Embodying the artist in the product International Conference of Arts and Cultural Management, Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, June 2013.
- Preece, C. Negotiating Authenticity in Artistic Careers to Access the Market, 11th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, London Metropolitan University, Sept 2012.
- Preece, C.; Dholakia, N.; Jafari, A.; Kozinets, R.; and Taçlı Yazıcıoğlu, E. Controversy and Commercialism: Evolving art markets and cultures in an interconnected world, Special Double-Session Panel, International Society for Markets and Development Conference, Université Internationale de Casablanca, May 2012.
- Preece, C. Cynical Realism: Branding the Chinese art market, International Society for Markets and Development Conference, Université Internationale de Casablanca, May 2012.
- Preece, C. Value creation in the visual arts market, 10th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, Leeds Metropolitan University, Sept 2011.
- Preece, C. The Myth of the Isolated Genius: Legitimising the artwork through peer relationships, Academy of Marketing Conference, University of Liverpool, July 2011.
- Preece, C. Identity and Branding in the Creation of Value: An exploration of the visual arts market, Academy of Marketing Conference, University of Liverpool, July 2011.
- Kerrigan, F. & Preece, C. Michael Landy: Notions of ownership and value through art Macromarketing Conference, Williamsburg, VA, June 2011.
- Preece C. An Analysis of Visual Artists Career Trajectories Working in the Creative Industries, Durham Business School, Feb 2011.
- Preece, C. Identity and Branding in the Boundaryless Career: An analysis of visual artists' career trajectories, Art as Cultural Diplomacy, Institute of Cultural Diplomacy, Berlin, Feb 2011.
- Preece, C. Supermarkets of the Art World: The spectacle of the art fair as a venue for conspicuous consumption, 9th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, King's College London, Sept 2010.
- Preece, C. An Investigation of the Importance of Network Roles in the Creation of Value in the Visual Arts Market Academy of Marketing Conference, Coventry University, July 2010.
- Preece, C. Golden Calves and False Gods: Damien Hirst and Sotheby's "Beautiful Inside My Head Forever" auction heralds a structural shift in the valuation of art, 8th International Colloquium on Arts, Heritage, Non Profit and Social Marketing, Bradford University School of Management, September 2009.
• Guest lecturer on Art Marketing for MA in Art Business at Sotheby's Institute
• Guest lecturer on the Art Market for MA Culture, Media and Creative Industries at King's College London
- Academy of Marketing
- Macromarketing Society
- International Association of Arts and Cultural Management
- Museums Association
- Higher Education Academy