- AICP, LEED Accredited Professional.
- 9 years of professional experience working on global planning, urban design and architecture projects.
- Last 5 years as Urban Designer with HOK.
- Proficient with design and production of Planning and Urban Design projects.
- Leading design and project management for multiple urban design and master planning projects.
- On the Board of Directors for Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) Atlanta.
May 2005 - Present
Associate, Senior Urban Planner
Responsible for managing design process and production for urban design projects at various scales.
- Georgia State University Master Plan Update - Atlanta
- City Of McDonough - Planning and Urban Design Services
- Fort McPherson Base Reuse Plan, Atlanta
- Riverwood Mixed-Use Master Plan, Atlanta
- Greenline Vision Plan, Atlanta
- Huangzhou Master Plan, China
- Al Joharah New Town Master Plan, Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
- King Saud University Master Plan Update, Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
- Bandar Seri Begawan Development Master Plan - Brunei
Jan 2005 - May 2005
Graduate Research Assistant
Jun 2002 - May 2004
Responsible for conceptual and detail design on a variety of architecture and interiors projects. Specific experience with glass facade design and details and corporate office interiors.
- Nicholas Piramal Corporate Office. 100,000 Sq ft corporate office spread over 4 floors of an office building in Worli, Mumbai. Coordinated with different agencies for tender and contract process. Also worked extensively on PowerPoint presentations, Photoshop renderings and AutoCAD drawings for the building.
- RMZ Westend 120,000 Sq Ft Office Building at Aundh Pune, custom built for an IT facility company. Built within an extremely challenging time span of 4 ½; months.
- CROSSROADS II Nariman Point, Mumbai a 240,000 sq ft Multi Utility Mall/ Multiplex/car park building in one of the prime locations of India. Coordinated construction and tender documents for interiors and structural glazing.
2001 - 2002
- Gujarat Riots Mar ‘02 - Co-ordinated the survey of Riot affected areas. The Survey was a collaborative effort of many NGOs in Ahmedabad under the umbrella organization CITIZEN’S INITIATIVE. The survey formed the basis for the report by National Commission on Human Rights on the Gujarat Riots.
- Earthquake Relief Jan ‘01 - Volunteered for quick assessment of earthquake affected areas as a part of the multi-disciplinary team. Compiled and analyzed the survey of Earthquake affected areas in Ahmedabad undertaken by the Municipal Authority.
May 2000 - Sep 2000
Junior Tech Person
Urban Planning Partnerships
- Surveyed drought affected areas of Kutch. Coordinated construction of water harvesting structures with the local community; organized community groups for training them in construction and repair of the same.
- Developed questionnaires for a pilot survey of slum-networking – networking urban infrastructure like roads, water supply, sewage etc through shanty settlements – for 6 slums in Ahmedabad in collaboration with the Local Municipal Corporation. Later executed the survey for the same.
Jun 1997 - Dec 1997
As an intern I was primarily responsible for developing concepts and design details and work in close coordination with the Associate Architect.
- C N Computer Centre. A computer training center which was a part of the large C N Campus which consisted of primary, secondary schools, colleges and fine art institutes. Involved with design development, detailing, discussions with service consultants and site coordination with the contractors.
- Aluva Farm House. A farm house on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. Conceptualized initial design through sketches and study models.
Fatima Convent High School
Aug 2004 - May 2006
Master of City and Regional Planning
- Specialized in Land Use Planning with elective courses in Urban Design, Land Development and GIS.
- Terminal paper on vitality in downtown Atlanta and analysis of the quality of life zoning code.
- President of Student Planning Association (SPA): Initiated activities like the World Town Planning Day, to be followed up with a lecture series and putting a constitution into effect.
- Student Representative to the American Planning Association. Updated status of SPA as an official Planning Student Organization.
Jul 1995 - Aug 2003
- Final Project: Bamboo Crafts and Research Center with special emphasis to skills training for local tribals and promoting economic development in the region.
- Undergraduate Thesis on Sense of Place with case studies of Manek Chawk and Municipal Market in Ahmedabad.
- Academic Secretary of Student Council forSchool of Architecture: Initiated activities like theAcademic Council, along with a lecture series etc.
- Secretary of Film Club at School of Architecture.