Aug 2009 - Present
Vice President of Franchise Sales
- First point of contact for all prospective franchisees.
- Developed strong rapport and maintained contact with all prospective clients through the use of CRM.
- Identified and prospected businesses that could enhance business revenue with the addition of tax preparation to existing clientele.
- Educated prospects about the tax industry and the requirements needed to start in this business.
- Equipped client with demographic studies,and potential ROI for particular markets.
- Once sale came to a close I transitioned to franchisees personal marketing manager while continuing to manage existing pipeline and the acquisition of new business.
- Role of marketing manager included, but was not limited to:
- site selection and lease negotiations,
- development and execution of customized business plan,
- office set-up,
- how to hire, and
- provide expense projections.
- Most importantly, I was instrumental in assisting in the cultivation of growth of the business through training franchisee on how to market the business for maxium success and developing repeat, loyal customers.
- At the close of the 2010 tax season I played a vital role in the development and launch of "DIY Bankruptcy" and "1040 Bookkeeping and Payroll" franchises. I am personally responsible for the sale and assisting in the opening of over 300 offices.
- My natural capacity for sales has not only enabled me to get the sale closed, but with my "hands-on" involement in the development and strenghtening support of the franchisees has attributed to the high performance of each office.
Sep 2003 - Jul 2009
Wholesale Lender Representative
Guaranty Home Bank
- Acquired new relationships within assigned market and increased revenue from existing client base.
- Act as primary contact for assigned territory and maintained overall responsibility for relationships by:
- identifying needs
- recommending products
- negotiating loan terms
- coordinating loan approvals and closings.
- Provided training, coaching and guidance to Branch Managers to promote use of loan product.
- Possessed investor guideline knowledge as it relates to underwriting and closing loans.
- Monitored the industry and competition to keep pace with technology and marketing strategies.
- Routinely meet or exceeded monthly and quarterly goals.
Aug 1999 - Sep 2003
Homeowners Loan Company
- Inbound call center specializing in "high risk" refinance loans.
- Required great skill in rapport building with customer over telephone. All loans were completed without ever meeting client face to face.
- Necessitated complete understanding of all lender guidelines and requirements.
- Highly structured work environment requiring:
- minimum daily and weekly "talk time",
- high call to close ratio,
- average closing costs minimum equal to 8% or higher,and
- loan loss under 10%.
- I consistently produced well above average both locally and nationally, and held the highest percentage of fees collected equaling 10% of a $400,000 loan.
May 1996 - Jul 1999
- Modeling agency contracted by the Phillip Morris Company to execute the "Marlboro Promotion" in local bars and night clubs.
- Provided leadership, training, management and supervision of staff, training program and execution of promotion.
- Daily duties included:
- Tracking and maintenance of inventory of over 3,000 marketing "prizes" and their distribution matched with specific survey,
- interviewing, hiring and managing a staff of 18,
- negotiating contracts with bar owners,
- scheduling 2-3 promotions per night 3 nights a week,
- supervising each promotion to ensure quota of surveys were collected,
- accountable for 3 company vehicles, and
- completion of promotion report results nightly.
- Overall objective was to oversee proper set up of booth display and ensure staffs execution of each promotion resulted in maximum gathering of complete surveys and promotion of brand awareness.
Sep 1991 - Aug 1994
Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis