I am a salesperson with broad experience in both B2B and retail fields. I have direct experience with account management, personnel management, merchandising, database creation, and business oriented research. I am interested in pursuing a career in advertising.
Feb 2003 - Present
- Consistently ranked as the top inside sales person for the past five years
- Managed the custom shower door program, which will gross over a million dollars this year
- Managed the Lowe’s EDI missed hits catalogue, which helps identify key gaps in buying volume levels
- Provided sales support and technical support to a myriad of clients including The Home Depot and Lowe’s Home Improvement
Jan 2002 - Feb 2003
- Created and implemented floor sets and in store marketing campaigns
- Managed a staff of ten to twenty employees
- Promoted to manager from brand rep after five months due to exceptional performance evaluations
Aug 2000 - May 2001
- Managed a small team of employees, reporting directly to the store manager
- Responsible for organizing and implementing floor sets
2005 - 2008
Bahelor of Science in Business Administration
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Placed fourth in the 2008 American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising District Five Competition
- Competed in a six week Capsim management simulation, finishing in the top 10% nationally
- Educational accomplishments include preparing national and local media buying plans, performing market research, and creating spec advertisements for various types of media
1998 - 2001
Although I have never fed myself with music I am a fairly accomplished amateur musician. I began playing the trumpet in the third grade. I played with the North Carolina School of the Arts Youth Symphony for six years, I attended the Governor's School in North Carolina as the principal symphonic trumpeter, and I have played in a wide variety of amazing venues including the Kennedy Center, Stratford Hall, and Camden Yards. I also play the guitar, although I am not sure if it is really a skill. To be honest, I am surprised no one has ever snatched my axe from me mid song and pulled a Pete Townshend on it.
I have a fair amount of experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and InDesign.
Microsoft Office Skills
I excel at Excel, am powerful at Power Point, I have incredible access in Access, and I am a wordsmith in Word. Unfortunately my experience with Microsoft Publisher is non-existent, kind of like my ability to write puns.