Director of Engineering
Flatirons Solutions, Inc.
Reporting directly to Chief Technology Officer led integration of TechPubs Global acquisition through transitioning product branding, company infrastructure, Software & Services teams, documentation & training material into Flatirons environment and culture.
- Managed 7-person Software Engineering team in Shanghai China and 4-person Customer Support Team in Chennai India directing recruiting, training, performance management reviews, and salary increase allocation. Owned Flight Operations publishing software solution stack.
- Established Tier 3 24/7 support model for globally distributed mobile iOS devices and web applications that surpassed Service-Level Agreement (SLA) goals for 2 years running.
- Maintained product Export Administration Regulations (EAR) on Open Source software used in products, meeting United States export control regulations.
- Incorporated TestRail and Cross Browser Testing tools into development sprints, creating faster and trackable regression and targeted tests for all products.
- Generated sales and marketing campaign support collateral provided to new and existing clients describing new and enhanced features not available in competing software generating additional software and service revenue.
- Continually assessed security threats, frameworks, deprecated application programming interfaces (APIs) for mobile iOS and Java web applications.
- Used SonarLint & AppDynamics incorporation to understand and eliminate crashes, security threats and breaches.
- Spearheaded SaaS effort developing opportunities for sale and implementation of Flight Operations publishing software to mid-tier airlines lowering licensing, implementation, and support costs and reducing time to benefit.