Project Control Manager
Powerbar Gulf RAK (E&I Engineering Ireland)
Reporting to the General Manager and Director with the responsibility to manage successfully the execution of the LV/MV distribution project, on time, on scope, on budget, improving profitability, ensuring Quality execution and customer satisfaction. Supported by 10 direct reports; Project Engineers, 4 Design Engineer and 2 Jr. Engineer. Indirect reports include 2 Team Leaders and 25 ‘blue collars’.
Responsible for AED 150 million annual projects turnover. Project Control & Planning of LV/MV Busbar distribution (according to IEC, ATEX, BS,UL standard requirement) turnkey Projects @ Oil & Gas, Industrial applications, Data centres, residential tower Projects in UAE, GCC countries, Europe, Asia, South Africa
Key Result Areas:
- Administering array of project operations such as planning & scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards
- Managing the project team, coordinating and interfacing with customer, third party vendors / sub-contractors and managing all aspects of the contract scope delivery
- Identifying upcoming projects, reviewing the scope and estimating the high level scope, size of the project and associated risk
- Working with Finance and Operations to identify opportunities for early invoicing and production planning order to payment
- Monitoring performance weekly/monthly basis and reviewing estimated costs versus actual costs to continuously improve operational metrics
- Ensuring customer input for the project is received to meet project objectives, schedules and delivery
- Defining and optimizing resources allocation to the project; securing task execution subcontracted to internal or external service center (service team, external subcontractor, service partner and so on)
- Participating in estimate review process prior to projects being quoted to ensure that special requirement/labor estimates are correct and that work is achievable from a technical perspective
- Communicating with end users, Consultants, Contractors, Operations, Finance, Field Services and Sales in a time
- Ensure compliance applicable various standard such as ATEX, UL, BS, IEC, IEC/Ex, O&G, ANSI, EMS/QMS/OHSAS according to project specific requirements.
- Travelling across GCC, Middle East, and Asia to meet and make sure main contractor/client confident enough on project delivery timely and at par customer expectation level
- Achieved monthly business volume approaching 8 Million AED since 2013 with no negative margin in single project now projected to reach between 12 and 14 million per month by the end of Dec 2016
- Designed & introduced the rolling three monthly sales & operation plan and the integration of dynamic changes to ensure a quick response to client
- Introduced BOM generator, Cad-duct and Design Standardisation which reduced response time from 48 hours to 24 hours
- Established a new division such as Medium Voltage Busduct from scratch and etablished seamless operations functions without problems such as poor customer satisfaction due to late delivery, quality issues in project delivery
- Introduced ERP Software Integration, IFS Project Management ERP, MS Access Database for various queries ike BOQ, WO, shop orders, stock management and MIS reports
- Achieved cost savings of 413k AED for the last year through various projects, including alternative suppliers, improved processes and continuous negotiations; planned cost saving target of 500k+ AED for 2016-2017
- Reduced lead times by 1 week from 4-3weeks with model and options, Group SOP for next 45 days rolling month.
- Achieved 13.43% margin over and above quoted margin for AED 150 million+ project 2015-2016