Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Prepares company and management budgets, and monitors and reports on performance against budget.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Prepares and reconciles commission payments
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operations
- Collects appropriate data in support of the preparation of federal, state, and local compliance reports and tax returns.
- Provides training for accounting system users