Mar 2013 - Present
I&C Systems Engineer Contractor, Aerotek, Inc.
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Responsible engineer and verifier, in accordance with NRC regulations and applicable codes, for engineering deliverables in support of Nuclear Measurement Analysis and Control (NUMAC) Power Range Neutron Monitoring (PRNM) System upgrades at existing nuclear power plants.
- Technical Project engineer for the design and delivery of the Spent Fuel Pool Level Monitoring (SFPLM) Systems at existing nuclear power plants.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of upgrading the configuration management system for engineering controlled documents from eMatrix (Product Data Management System) to Enovia (Nuclear Product Lifecycle Management System).
Oct 2012 - Feb 2013
University of Central Florida
- Tutored student athletes in mathematics ( algebra – all levels, finite, statistics, trigonometry and calculus) and physics and track their performance as required by NCAA regulations.
Sep 2010 - Mar 2011
Principal Electrical Engineer
- Specified, designed and developed electrical systems (in accordance with NRC regulations and applicable codes) for the NuScale Nuclear Power Plant.
- Prepared and created functional specifications, system requirements specifications, technical reports, 3D models, equipment requirement specifications, system design descriptions and design control application content, with emphasis on the safety-related battery systems.
- Liaison for the NuScale Nuclear Power Plant electrical system design specifications involving NuScale Engineering, Worley Parsons and ARES Corp. design teams.
Mar 2007 - Aug 2010
Engineer Electrical/Nuclear II
Huntington Ingalls Industries (formerly Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding)
- Engineer Nuclear II, Reactor Services Engineering - A1B New Construction Power Unit Heavy Components Group: Provided the engineering support necessary to ensure the quality and cost effectiveness of the deliverables for the assembly, installation and operation of the new U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford A1B nuclear power units.
- Engineer Electrical II, Nuclear Construction Engineering – Aircraft Carrier Electrical Group: Provided the engineering support necessary to ensure the quality and cost effectiveness of the deliverables for the assembly, installation and operation of the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS George W. Bush A1W/A4G reactor plant electrical/I&C systems.
Oct 2005 - Aug 2006
Engineering Technician Contractor, CDI Corp.
Siemens Power Generation, Inc., Orlando, FL
- Researched, verified, and confirmed unit configuration prior to creating gas/steam turbine and generator parts catalogs and lists.
Feb 2005 - Aug 2005
Residential Electrician's Helper
S&S Electric, Dunnellon, FL
- Worked with a team of electricians in the wiring of 100 homes and performed residential trouble calls.
Jan 2004 - Nov 2004
Associate Electrical Engineer
Duke Energy (formerly Progress Energy Carolinas), Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant
- Updated and design verified all of the electric plant loads used in the voltage and load study calculations to support revisions to engineering calculations and electrical modification packages.
- Qualified Local Leak Rate Tester and assisted other mechanical engineers with reactor containment local leak rate testing.
Aug 2003 - Nov 2003
Nuclear Apprentice Electrician (Refuel 13 Outage)
Progress Energy Florida, Crystal River Unit 3 Nuclear Plant
- Performed safety-related battery preventive maintenance, including: rack disassembly, specific gravity/voltage measurements, clean and inspect of each cell and its associated bus work.
- Cleaned and inspected vent fan motor controllers and feeder breakers.
- Assisted the Fix It Now team with electrical maintenance activities in the site administration buildings and reactor plant.
- Assisted the turbine vendor with the refurbishment (replaced capacitors and Op. Amps.), calibration, and testing of the main turbine generator voltage regulator.
Nov 2001 - Dec 2002
Research Assistant under Dr. Mounir Laroussi
Applied Plasma Tech. Lab, Old Dominion University Applied Research Center
- Performed laboratory experiments to study the current-voltage characteristics for different liquid dielectrics under high electric field stresses in support of pulsed power and plasma science research publications.
Jun 2000 - Nov 2001
Electrical Engineer, Digital Subscriber Networks
Cisco Systems (formerly Scientific Atlanta)
- Performed design, verification and testing on off-line switch mode power supplies and RF input filters for cable subscriber products.
- Designed, approved and cost reduced various components (discrete and integrated) for off-line switch mode power supplies and RF input filters for cable subscriber products.
Jun 1997 - Nov 1998
Research Assistant under Dr. Mounir Laroussi
Microwave and Plasma Laboratory, University of Tennessee
- Performed laboratory experiments for creating and maintaining a stable one atmosphere glow discharge used for the sterilization and decontamination of bacteria in support of plasma science research publications.
Jul 1989 - Aug 1993
Nuclear Propulsion Plant Load Dispatcher/Electrician
United States Navy, USS Carl Vinson Aircraft Carrier
- Nuclear power plant operator, drill team member and maintenance man.
- Honorable discharge United States Navy (1995)
Jun 1997 - May 2000
University of Tennessee