Events and Outreach Manager
- Creating and managing comprehensive social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Wordpress, Foursquare, weekly e-newsletter), which serves as a platform for over 20,000 Columbians; raised online activity by 3700% over 12 months.
- Developing relationships with colleagues across the University to plan collaborative networking events on social media in higher education, virtual marketing, and student mentoring initiatives.
- Overseeing Arts Initiative grants program; reviewed 135 applications; created an on-line community through a listserv and Flickr photostream enabling 215 recipients to review each other’s work to foster future collaboration and partnerships.
- Serving as the first point of contact for students and student groups, faculty and student development organizations (Office of Multicultural Affairs, Student Development Association); fielding all communications regarding student funding and sponsorships, group event and ticketing requests for students and faculty, and cross-promotional support among sister Columbia organizations.
- Managing ArtsLink program; corresponding with Core faculty, department chairs, and administrative personnel regarding ticket requests and program logistics; tracking/analyzing of data each semester.
- Created and implemented advertising campaigns through campus publications and media outlets; maximized outreach based on such campaigns.
- Reconceived “Lunch with the Arts Initiative” networking series serving over 200 students.
- Advised college administration and student group leaders on building a campus-wide community through the arts.
- Fostered affinity among current students to promote future alumni giving.