Senior Consultant - Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics
Loss Control Department
Regional Industrial Hygienist & Certified Professional Ergonomist
- Provided consultation, oversight and direction to the commercial policyholders
- Used data to identify risk trends and propose alternative methods
- Identified behavioral, procedural, and mechanical gaps within operational contexts that create potentially hazardous conditions
- Recommended corrective action, including changes in regulations, processes, operational needs, policies or procedures leading to regulatory compliance and/or increased quality and performance
- Assessed operational impact of changes in worksite procedures
- Delivered results by creating dynamic reports and presentations integrating current technology.
- Documented quality improvement and risk reduction through data analysis of leading and trailing indicators to generate internal support for changes and ensure process reconfiguration.
- Expert in regulation interpretation and program development.
- Developed on-site intervention strategy based on early symptom reporting
- Reduced soft tissue claim costs from $160,000 to $15,000 for one-year ROI of 22%
- Streamlined quality check process from six steps to two with removal of injury-prone, labor-intensive tasks to create light duty job