Prior work experience includes customer-facing roles in the academic, legal, and retail areas.
May 2001 - Present
Senior Consultant, Customer Care Practice
Provide ongoing project-based expertise in the areas of customer service focus to clients of a successful marketing, sales & business consulting firm.
- Publish, blog, and speak on Customer Care issues (AMA Executive Matters, IndUS Business Journal, CEO Refresher, Banking New York, etc.)
- Write and edit content for client newsletters; manage mailings and subscriber lists
- Provided usability testing and Quality Assurance analysis for web-based research portal creator
- Set up and managed online help desk for global domain name registrar; created content for client’s web site, advised client on usability issues
- Created, developed, and delivered training programs for multinational businesses
- Provided customer service consultation to international domain name registration firm, directly advised customers on name registration and acquisition matters
May 2000 - Apr 2001
Director, Customer Support
Staffed, hired, managed, and developed team of customer support professionals in fast-paced environment for award winning Internet research and premium content web portal.
- Oversaw account set-up, maintenance and support for over 250 enterprise clients, including user access, content issues, and complex search queries
- Served as customer advocate during internal business and strategy discussions
Oct 1990 - May 1999
Director, Business Services – Namestake.com
Director, Data Content
Director, Research Support & Development
Director, US Trademark Research Operations
Manager, Compu-Mark® Research Operations
Held leadership positions of increasing responsibility in four major divisions of the world’s largest intellectual property research firm, with annual revenues over $100m. Part of what is now Thomson Reuters.
- Created and managed customer service department for start-up division Namestake.com; established global domain name registration service line including product development, pricing, training, hiring, and execution of services
- Led service operations which included 100+ researchers / service reps
- Grew US Trademark Research revenue from $19m to $25m in 2+ years; managed department budgets of over $8m
- Led project team that reorganized the department and restructured job duties, career-path, and compensation
- Played leadership role in company-wide initiative that transformed a production-oriented business into a customer-focused business, expanding both the vision of the company and the capabilities of its employees
- Led project team that redesigned and enhanced the standard format, as well as created customization capabilities for company’s flagship research reports; helped introduce new format to top clients
Completed Executive Education Program
The Thomson Corp. / Columbia University
- Emphasis on change management, team building and customer focus
- Emphasis on writing
- Editor of school’s literary magazine