Teaching / Support Assistant
The British International School
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Assisted with supervising the classroom, ensuring a focused and well-disciplined learning environment at all times.
- Provide support to classroom teacher daily and provide extra support for the students in different areas of their everyday activities like in learning to write, reading, eating, play time and etc.
- Possessed positive attitude and highly organized with attention to detail.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Decorating and maintain for the upkeep and daily appearance of the Classroom.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Responsible for daily cleaning and deep cleaning of toys, equipment, and all classroom areas.
- Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas, and submit outlines to teachers for review.
- Possessed a positive Interaction with Children. Supporting the needs of the other departments if it is needed.
- Conduct demonstrations to teach such skills as sports, dancing, and handicrafts.
- Laminate teaching materials to increase their durability under repeated use.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
- Being creative and a good learner to adapt to learn and utilize new technological teaching techniques
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs administrative jobs like filling, encoding and updating files in admin and HR office.
- Provide the children with a safe and loving environment, making sure all children are properly buckled in their seats.
- Familiarized the bus routes and informing the parents when the bus is nearby to their house. Maintain an updated route schedule.
- Possessed patience and calm attitude with the children. Learn and adapt to each student's special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Supervise and assist children as they get on and off the bus.
- Follow all guidelines and rules of the school bus.
- Ensuring that children remain seated and quiet to reduce the risk of the bus driver becoming distracted.
- Monitor the children's behavior and discipline accordingly.
- Manage and submitting student violation reports, making a weekly report for the student attitude and behaviour and e-mail it to our Line Manager.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Share responsibility with the bus driver that children are delivered to the correct address to an approved adult.
- Responsible for verifying that all children are a safe distance away from the bus before the bus moves.