Information Technology Recruiter skilled in establishing strong relationships with candidates and co-workers. Possesses an exceptional combination of communication, analytical and technical skills, partnering effectively with internal teams and candidates to achieve placements. Background as Information Technology Consultant gives unique ability to understand candidate concerns.
Databases/Tools: DB2, QMF, SPUFI, MS Access
Methodologies: SDLC, SDMM
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, MS Access, MS Publisher
Programming Languages: SQL, COBOL, JCL, HTML, Easytrieve Plus, CICS, APS
Operating Systems: MS Windows, MVS/XA/ESA
Other tools: WinSearch, AutoCAD, MicroStation
Utilities: DataExpert, NDM, Expeditor, TSO/ISPF, CA7, Changeman, Telon, Endevor, Comparex
Job Boards/Networking Tools: WinSearch, Talenthook, CareerBuilder, Computer Jobs, Dice, Monster, VisualCV, LinkedIn
Dec 2007 - Present
Full Lifecycle Information Technology Recruiting
- Recruited IT professionals as PAG employees and for contract assignments for Fortune 500 clients, including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Analysts, Data Analysts, Architects, Database Administrators, and Software Developers.
- Managed multiple simultaneous job orders, balancing competing priorities and responding nimbly to rapidly changing focus.
- Responsibilities included creating and posting effective online advertisements, utilizing internet search facilities and internal database for sourcing, conducting in-depth interviews assessing skills and personality, formatting resumes, checking references, packaging and presenting candidates, negotiating compensation and extending offers.
- Educated candidates on PAG history, values, mission statement, and benefits package.
- Matched candidate skills, experiences and personalities with client job requirements and target teams.
Administrator/Subject Matter Expert for WinSearch Candidate Database
- Documented manual user setup procedures.
- Educated new teammates on fundamentals of database including inserting new candidates, identifying required activities, adding documents and activities, conducting searches, sending mass emails, creating ticklers and next contact reminders, and submitting candidates to job opportunities.
- Coached experienced users in expanding database search and administrative skills
- Used exceptional database search skills to fully exploit panel of existing pre-qualified candidates.
- Created, documented and implemented procedure to incrementally purge database, optimizing storage and increasing search speed.
Subject Matter Expert for CareerBuilder Job Board
- Documented posting and searching procedures.
- Educated teammates on site intricacies and anomalies.
- Point of Contact for technical and operational issues.
- Responsible for daily maintenance, monitoring and support.
- Concentrated on placement of Smart Grid, SmallWorld, and other professionals
Developed Network of Candidates
- Monitored market hiring trends, identifying future consulting needs.
- Developed strong database of active and passive candidates through proactive recruiting tactics.
- Established relationships with outplacement firms and professional associations.
- Represented PAG at career fairs and networking events.
- Established strong relationships with placements and not-placed candidates, reaping exceptional return by referral.
- Developed strong working relationships with Client Development Managers, Recruiter teammates, Human Resources, and Consultants.
May 2005 - May 2007
Full Time Student
Central Piedmont Community College
Feb 2002 - Feb 2005
Senior Systems Analyst/Developer
Royal & SunAlliance
Technical Owner, 1099 Reporting System:
- Interfaced directly with the Internal Revenue Service, interpreting business requirements to bring Claims 1099 System into IRS compliance.
- Modified existing code and created new source code, automating the process.
- Participated in unit and UA testing, creating test scripts and validating data.
- Worked with new off-site printing facility to include valid printer-language in 1099 documents – tested and verified.
- Published procedural documentation for Business Partners and end users.
- As Subject Matter Expert, reviewed system documentation, trained and handed off production support to offshore consultants.
Teamed with DB2 Database Administrators:
- Collaborated with DB’s during development of and coordination of CLASS system DB2 tables Purge Process.
- Gathered requirements, documented, designed, constructed and tested complex, meticulous process involved analyzing and writing Purge Processes for over 100 tables, some as large as 4-10 million rows.
- Created and executed detailed test plan, working with DBAs on process optimization.
- Created and execute data validation process.
- Created and executed, with DBA support, production run of CLASS Purge Process.
- Documented process for future use.
Technical Owner, Managed Care Interface Standardization Project:
- Acted as project manager, business analyst, lead developer, quality analyst and client liaison in the creation of a standardized interface for bringing new Managed Care vendor files into the Claims production system.
- Worked closely with key stakeholders to gather requirements, ensuring the solution met business needs.
- Modified existing code and created new source code – testing and implementing to production.
- Worked closely with key business partner to ensure data quality and validate expected results.
- Successfully implemented three new Managed Care interfaces utilizing Standardized Process in record time.
High Profile System Conversion:
- Chosen Project Administrator and later Technical Lead in effort to migrate claims data from newly acquired Orion Auto Insurance to RSA Claims System.
- Created, tested and executed detailed data validation process for each conversion. Worked closely with Orion Business Analysts to identify and repair data anomalies.
- This long-term project required extensive coordination across data and business eight sites. Led weekly meetings, published status reports, maintained and tracked implementation schedule. Worked with other affected teams to reach best possible solutions with open communication.
- Coordinated three-phase conversion scheduled over two years.
Adapting to Change:
- Embraced new corporate procedures for documenting change control processes (SDMM).
Aug 1997 - Feb 2002
Liaised with DBAs, BAs, QAs and Key Stakeholders at client sites. Worked directly with DBAs on database design and tuning. Provided on-call production support for mainframe applications. Assignments included:
- Claims Processing System: Year 2000 Compliance and IMS to DB2 conversion.
- Orion Claim System Conversion: Project coordinator.
- Network Billing and Direct Billing Systems.
- VISA Enhancement: performed complex CICS upgrades.
- Utilized WorldCom SDLC process.
May 1993 - Aug 1997
Senior Programmer Analyst
Acted as application liaison to DBA group and provided daily and on call mainframe systems support. Liaison and Point of Contact between vendor PegaSystems and Nationsbank technical teams. Worked closely with Business Analysts to identify and specify requirements for production enhancements.
- Designed, constructed, implemented and supported MS Access Management Reporting system.
- Created user documentation and trained Business Partners.
- Performed additional ad hoc management reporting using QMF.
- Rewrote queries for DB2 databases using QMF/SQL to maximize efficiencies from 13 hours run time to 30 minutes on the Management Information System (CMIS).
- Created interface from CMIS to Corporate Data Warehouse. Worked with warehouse experts to design, construct, test and implement new feed.
Liaison to DBA group
- Client Tracking System for general and institutional banks – designed, constructed, tested and implemented interfaces from vendor based PegaClaims system (Cobol, CICS, VSAM application) to DB2 environment
1987 - May 1993
First Union National Bank
Provided daily and on call support for Fixed Income applications, including interfaces with General Ledger, Account Analysis, and Safekeeping.
Supported Vendor Based Systems
- Consolidated data to the BOLT system and its successor, Portfolio System.
- Sole Production Support associate responsible for transactions in excess of $1B every night.
- Participated as Business Systems Analyst in Southeast Bank and Dominion BankShares mergers, traveling with Funds Management team to analyze existing systems and business products, gather requirements for merger, perform data mapping between systems, perform file conversion analysis, and coordinate interfaces.
- Modified existing code and created new source code, reformatting data to match FUNB definitions.
- Created, tested and executed detailed data validation process for each conversion.
- Managed SWIFT and Telex Room. Performed system upgrades to Unisys stand-alone S.W.I.F.T system. Performed hardware troubling shooting.
- Managed Vendor contact.