My primary educational goal is to increase my expertise in a field I have thoroughly come to enjoy, the health care industry. At this time, I am ready to further my commitment to nursing and the rigorous study required, so I can be one of many Registered Nurses that are improving our health care system today.
I graduated college in 2007 and am currently working for a corporate fitness company as a Health & Fitness Specialist. I teach Group Exercise classes and conduct personal training sessions for members as well as risk/health checks and exercise prescriptions for new enrollments. In my spare time I train myself for competing in natural physique/figure competitions. While training, I gained extensive knowledge of the sport, nutrition, and myself. This requires extreme dedication and is extremely physically and mentally tasking. My ultimate goal is to become a Registered Nurse and pursue my career as a nurse with a background in health, fitness, and nutrition. I believe this dedication shows my potential to do anything I put my mind to.
I am currently working towards my HFS Certification through ACSM as well as my Certificate in Sports Nutrition.
Nov 2008 - Present
Health & Fitness Specialist
- Site lead/program manager at a single staff fitness center location
- Perform health screenings, exercise prescriptions, group exercise classes, and personal training, effectively create and develop incentive programs
- Responsible for all administrative work, memberships, cancellations, marketing site-wide programs, researching and creating health related programming and lectures to site as needed
Aug 2007 - Nov 2007
Assistant Girls' Varsity Soccer Coach
- Responsible for fitness and practice sessions for varsity team
- Create opportunities for players to learn and to develop soccer skills, sportsmanship, and the values of athletic competition
- Provide a fun, positive environment for all players and/or spectators
Dec 2006 - Feb 2007
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center
- Supervises all Phase II, III and IV Cardiac Rehabilitation Classes
- Assisted nurses with intake assessments, prepares progress notes and discharge summaries
- Assisted patients with exercise and prescriptions