United States Air Force
Christopher David George
2250 Astoria Circle, Apt 305 · Herndon, Virginia 20170
605-786-5617 · Christophergeorge21@yahoo.com
S/N Last Four 5448
Currently based out of Andrews AFB
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE, Veteran’s Preference: 5-PointIT Specialist System Administrator, Customer Help Desk Support
I have been a Client Support Administrator (CSA) for 5 years, with experience in managing Unclassified Networks ( NIPRNET) and Classified Networks( SIPRNET) client machines. I work on Large Area Networks (LANs)/Wide Area Networks (WANs) Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and Blackberry’s. Proficient in installing programs, and troubleshooting all areas of communications. I am a hard worker with the desire to be intellectually challenged; Experienced both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving in the field of Communications and Information: Mentor/counsel help desk members to ensure personnel are aware of responsibilities and are accountable for daily and weekly tasks.Help maintain all downward initiatives from Network Control Center (NCC) and leverage technologies/methods in a timely fashion to other help desk members provide leadership direction for meeting mission needs/adapting to the best way to conduct business.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE11th Contracting Squadron, Andrews AFB, Computer Assistant, System Administrator, Current Rank: GS-9 DoD Air Force Civilian
Oct 25 – Present day.
- I performtier 1 and tier 2 help desk technician I performs Installation of equipment, connection, peripherals, and printers for 75 end users.
- I maintain 11th Contracting Computer Inventory, and none essential equipment.
- I am an Information Assurance Officer (IAO) and maintain system requirements throughout 11 Contracting Squadron.28th Communications Squadron, Base Level Client support Team, (IT Customer Support Help Desk)Jun 06 – Aug 10
- As a tier 1 and tier 2 help desk technician I performs Installation of equipment, connection, peripherals, printers and installing/deleting software for 4,600 users at our centrally located base level help desk.
- I help provide onsite or remote support for one or more of the following user systems (desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, handheld’s, Local Area Networks (LAN's) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN) specifications.
- Implemented client workstations software patches, security fixes, and services on communication systems.
- Performs initial client workstations diagnostics and troubleshooting for over 5,000 client network systems.
- Updated 872 user accounts in support of setting up the new Office Communication Suite for Ellsworth AFB
- As a Client Systems Administrator (CSA) I conduct hardware, software, and network troubleshooting and problem resolution within the IT systems environment.
- Respond to incoming incidents via phone or email to provide helpdesk assistance and technical support in resolving general computer problems.
- Open and track trouble tickets within Remedy; fix and complete tickets, make sure I keep the user informed of ticket status and resolution
- I perform account creation, account maintenance, password resets, and system upgrades within Active Directory.
- I keep end users abreast of system security requirements within Information Assurance training.
- I researches problems, make recommendations for solutions, and repairs or rebuild systems to appropriate specifications.
- Upgraded 3000+ systems with current Symantec Anti-Virus software, maintaining base network security.
- I provide CPR Trusted Agent Security Manager (TASM), System Unblocks Common Access Cards (CAC) and reset CAC pins. I created a one stop shop for troubleshooting networking CAC issues.
- Information System Security Officer (ISSO) I Monitor and maintains system requirements throughout our Squadron.
-Solidified performer, configuring 54 machines for AFSO 21 one stop shop for Deployment Education Center, enhancing mission critical deployment computer base training.
-Maintain base level CSA federal records as a record custodian (RC) for all Information Assurance (IA) Training Certificates.
- I have experience with both Microsoft XP and Vista Operating systems and application installation.
– Present day- Currently working on a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology Management;
Electronic Computer Programming Indesute (ECPI), Manassas Virginia Feb 10 – Associates Degree, Computer Science in Information Systems Technology; Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), Alabama
Dec 08 – CompTIA A+ Essentials Certifications
Dec 08 – CompTIA A+ Technician Certifications
Jun 06 ITe-Learning - Completed 40 Computer based training course, enhancing technical knowledge Ellsworth AFB
May 06Information Management Technical Training SchoolKeesler AFB, MS
This course covered all forms of my Information Management career field. From base records management training to Air Force Portal webmaster, basic understanding of computer applications, and help desk IT base supports.
Mar 06Air Force Basic Training Lackland AFB, TX
May 09 Received Air Force Achievement Medal during my time at Joint Base Balad Iraq (Jan 09 -May 09)
Nov 08 Essential Member of Ellsworth AFB Booster Club, help fundraised $1.2K for Base Squadrons
Nov 08 Outstanding Education Achievement (Deans List) 4.0 GPA Nation American University
Nov 07 Outstanding Educational Achievement Awards (4.0 GPA) Nation American University
Oct 06 28th Communications Squadron, Airman of the Quarter, Fourth Quarter (Oct 06 – Dec 06)
Oct 06Received 3 Letters of Appreciation from ROTC Commander for outstanding IT Network Support
-I would like nothing more than to further my knowledge in the Information Technology career field, by continue working towards my Bachelor’s Degree in Network Security and to peruse a Masters Degree in Information System Project Management. I find the IT career field very interesting and ever changing and I am always up for learning more. I enjoy communicating with others and I like to work with groups or individuals. I feel that this job holds everything that I wish to do for many years to come.