Instructional Technology Specialist/ STEM Educator
River Forest School District 90
River Forest, Illinois
- initiated and developed a district 90 technology committee focused on vision and strategic goals.
- provided embedded professional development for staff in their iPad 1:1 classroom setting
- reviewed current technology platforms and technology systems
- implemented a co-teaching model with teaching staff to support instructional technology
- initiated the implementation of additional STEM learning resources such as Bee-bots, Kodable, Spheros, Ozobots, Little Bits, Scratch Jr., Swift Playgrounds
- designed and delivered whole district professional development on "Apple Teacher" and Growth Mindset
- collaborated with STEM teacher and Special Ed Dept. on Adapted STEM program
- Designed, launched and implemented a new STEAM curriculum aligned with Design Thinking, Project Based Learning and Universal Design for Learning
- Aligned STEAM curriculum to K-5 NGSS Design Engineering standards and our standards based grading initiative.
- Launched a Coding and App Development Club for grades 3 and 4 using swift playgrounds.