IBM Software Engineer Manager
Software Engineer Manager
IBM; Atlanta, GA2006 to Present
Lead a team of 10 software engineers providing global enterprise customers with advanced software application support. Responsible for delivering timely, quality problem solutions for a major IBM collaborative software application that generated $22 million in revenue for 2008. Duties include building strong relationships with new and existing customers, defining and leading projects, meeting or exceeding business objectives, analyzing and presenting data and increasing team performance and skill levels. Work directly with product management and development teams providing data analysis, candid feedback and business cases for overall product improvements.Major achievements include:
- Exceeded all metrics objectives, decreasing product defect rates, time to resolution and customer satisfaction by 10-25% year to year.
- Led the planning and deployment of an enterprise software support lab including several third party enterprise applications, Active Directory, Exchange, SiteMinder, 2003 Server etc.
- Managed critical product issues for Seagate, Colgate, Kennametal, Federal Reserve Bank and many others, preventing the loss of millions of dollars in licensing revenue.
- Led team to improve skills and increase technical certifications by 467%.
- Proven ability to manage the software development life-cycle for collaborative applications through multiple releases.
- Project Manager responsible for overhauling product Orthogonal Problem Classification, resulting in immediate quality feedback and future design changes.
- Analyzed and presented key metrics data, resulting in the decision to add additional development headcount leading to improved product quality and establishing a baseline for needed product improvements.
- Provided senior-management with objective statistical analysis and qualitative analysis of high profile customer situations resulting in product function improvements and increased customer satisfaction.
- Inspired innovation and led team to develop several utilities, tripling patent submissions for 2008
- Developed and implemented Co-Op/Intern Wiki, to maximize their experience with IBM.