Community Engagement Coordinator
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with organisations and individuals,
- Developing and maintaining relationships with regional media,
- Community consultation and engagement activities for projects in development,
- Writing media releases, letters, advert copy and website content on all matters relating to the Sustainable Communities Fund and development projects during the development period,
- Writing community engagement strategies around development projects.
As part of the Government and Corporate Affairs team, I am often called upon to assist with a number of other tasks. These have included:
- Lobbying community members to make submissions to a recent senate inquiry,
- Assisting with the development of the company’s social media policy and strategy,
- Writing media releases, letters, advert copy and website content on a variety of topics when required, and
- Tracking, recording and reporting on the company’s media coverage.
Through this role I have developed the following skills:
- Strong communications skills, including building local networks, media engagement and advertising,
- Event and project management including launches, media events, consultation / information sessions and cheque presentation ceremonies,
- Building rapport with community members, local Government and media,
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to changing priorities