Chief Executive Officer
Appointed by the Adecco Group's Board of Directors in Zurich to lead a B2B organization generating 1 billion in revenue (GBS) out of an economy in crisis. Group included five leading brands serving general and professional markets: Adecco Staffing, Ajilon Professional, Computer People, Office Angels, Roevin Engineering & Scientific. The strategy focused on four pillars of business: People, Culture, Organizational Structure and Design, resulting in balance sheet optimization and business stabilization.
- Appointed new leadership to board: Forged team of interdependent, cooperative Managing Directors for brands and developed leaders that worked together as one unified team.
- Promoted a customer-centric ethos, establishing a "customer is boss" edict across the entire enterprise, resulting in:
- Customer retention of top 25 strategic customers representing 50% of group turnover
- Created winning sales culture: Won the official recruitment agency partnership for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, resulting in positive national public relations (BBC, Financial Times and Daily Telegraph interviews), elevating Adecco into a super-brand
- Invested and launched three professional lines into the group portfolio to serve white-collar professional contract, temp and RPO markets (Ajilon Professional, Roevin Scientific and Adecco Group Solutions for MSP/RPO market)
- Created shared services among head office functions
- Integration of group's back and middle office systems (Peoplesoft implementation)
- Reduction of operating costs by over 50%
- Cash collection/10-day DSO improvement year over year, boosting cash flow
- Returned profitable operating margins