Administrative Assistant, School of Biology and Department of Chemistry
The University of Michigan
UM School of Biology
Provide instructional support of faculty and 28 graduate student assistants (GSIs).
- Type necessary documents for faculty, including exams, class/lab work plans, course packs, lab manuals, teaching guides, library reserve lists and handouts. Set-up meetings as requested by faculty. Maintain communication with each GSI; maintain grade file, course evaluations for each GSI, faculty.
- Scheduling section locations for alternate exams. Maintain manual waitlist for Biology 162. Process overrides for student registration.
- Greet visitors, students, faculty and respond to their requests for assistance. Set up advising appointments for students. Filing, telephone inquiries, copying, and general office duties.
UM Dept. of Chemistry
Provide administrative support of faculty in typing grant manuscripts and meeting grant deadlines, letters, department documents.
- Seminar speaker preparation setup, including travel/hotel arrangements, meeting and luncheon reservations, etc., e-mail notifications; P-card monthly reconciliations.
- Process Purchase Orders, travel reimbursement forms for Chemistry Department Faculty, Graduate Students, Visitors, Candidates, etc
- Meeting setup/notifications, conference room/media equipment reservations, agenda preparation.
- Greeting and assisting departmental visitors, including those from within or outside of the University.
- Telephone dealings within the U.S. and throughout the world for faculty regarding workshop bookings/reservations, seminar speeches, manuscript publications, fellow collaborators/visitors schedules, etc.