BWL Accounting Services
BWL Accounting Services is a small to medium practice in King William's Town.
Prior to working full-time at the practice, I completed a few stints of vocational work. I developed a passion for accounting and was then offered a year contract. During the year I learned a great deal in the field and gained confidence. Being a smaller practice I have been exposed to many work tasks and have been involved as follows:
- Write up cashbooks, balanced reconciliations.
- Processed onto Pastel Accounting, books to trial balance, learning about Income Statements and Balance sheets.
- Completing returns for various clients such as Vat, PAYE / UIF / Skills, recons and Workmen’s Compensation.
- Woking on Pastel Payroll.
- I have learnt how to work on e-filing (SARS) related to all the various tax types
- Compiled various tax returns (under supervision)
- I am proficient on Word / Excel and have completed schedules, cash flows, letters, client bills and tax computation schedules.
- I completed emails / letters and answering the telephone on a daily basis, various forms of filing and form preparation.
- I have learnt about Annual Duty / CIPRO for companies and Close Corporations.