English Specialist and Life Skills Teacher
St Andrew's School for Girls, Johannesburg, South Africa
Providing a classroom presence and contributing to the positive ethos of the school. Putting students first by demonstrating energy, vision and creativity and adhering to values of school.
- Teaching English Language & Literature and Life Skills to Year 6 and Year 7 pupils.
- Pastoral care for my girls – assisting them wherever I can.
- Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of my girls, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with Head Teachers, to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the pupils, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
- Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further my knowledge, skills and abilities.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve pupils learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modelling behaviour, attitudes, and learning behaviours for pupils.
- Teaching and assessing pupils.
- Developing teaching and assessment resources.
- Maintaining student and course records.
- Advising any issues relating to pupils.
- Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in girls, and therefore supervise all pupil activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Liaising with Therapists as required, communicate the progress and performance of pupils with learning difficulties to relevant staff and parents.
- Keep ahead with 21st Century technology as used in the classroom.
- Organisation of school outings