Category Advisor, Wal-Mart Canada (February 2008-Present)
- Managed through strategic planning sales growth for Elmer’s products in craft from $0.5M to $9.8M over 6 years.
- Manage 9 categories and 1,056 sku’s with Sr. Category Manager at Wal-Mart, Sales of $32M, average 6% growth
- Secured secondary placements for promotions, End Caps, Pallets, National Craft Month Ads and Online events which resulted in 30-50% sales lifts.
- Fully objective approach as category advisor to deliver best in class category management insights to key retail partners.
- Lead the category review recommendations following and facilitating the modular implementation process, including drawing modulars on prospace along with cutback recommendations.
- Maximize multi-channel opportunity by ensuring category and brand efficiencies.
- Lead key retail projects to include planogram recommendations, promotional analysis and sku productivity.
- Provide key market performance indicators to understand and deliver market trends.
- Evaluate new innovation in the market place, analytics on returns on shelf space, promotions.
- Deliver market insights for internal and external requirements.
- Prepare fact based presentations on market trends, brand and retailer performance.
- Complete market data performance tracking and reporting -identify issues and opportunities (quarterly)
- Maintain understanding of the competitive landscape - price, promotions, range and space.
- Create Weekly and Monthly report summaries for respective categories and distribute to Sr. Category Manger at Wal-Mart.
- Manage internal and customer relationships.
- Take leadership position and provide directional support during Back to school season for inventory distribution and replenishment strategies.