PACU charge nurse
Swedish Medical Center Issaquah, WA
- General Medical Surgical Community Hospital bed capacity 175
- Manages daily operations including Pre-op, Phase 1 and Phase 2 of Recovery in collaboration with the Unit Manager.
- Mixture of pediatric and adult patients including orthopedic, spine, general, gynecologic, ophthalmologic, urologic surgeries as well as endoscopic and interventional radiology procedures.
- Assures compliance with established departmental clinical standards, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards in order to facilitate each patients safe journey through the PACU.
- Communicates effectively with each department that serves the patient population and actively participates in problem solving and conflict resolution to maintain team cohesiveness and positive customer relations.
- Chair of Shared Leadership Committee
- Member of Pathways to Excellence Steering Committee
- Unit leader for Det Norske Veritas regulatory surveyor visits
- Unit representative for System wide meetings i.e. super user meetings surrounding Pre-op, Phase 2, Phase 1, EPIC, and process mapping.
- Employee recruitment and retention committee
- Staffing Committee
- Step Up to Leadership training program