- Board Member, Indiana University Alumni Association, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, 2009-2010.
- Board Advisor, LUNAFEST film festival, 2010-2011 season.
Public affairs professional passionate about developing campaigns that take an integrative approach to communications -- from building a consistent and compelling brand through using social media and digital marketing to elevate your message.
Jul 2011 - Present
- Managing and developing integrative marketing campaigns for a variety of clients and programs, including the second largest tradeshow in North America and a national volunteer engagement campaign.
- Overseeing staff support and production of ads, direct mail and interactive campaigns.
- Providing ongoing account management and strategic support in developing campaign marketing and tactical plans.
Sep 2007 - Apr 2011
Senior Communications Coordinator
- Manage media planning, outreach, branding, messaging and marketing for the Breast Cancer Fund's public education campaigns, signature events and other fundraising initiatives, including cause-marketing partnerships.
- Increase organization's visibility by coordinating media outreach for annual Climb Against the Odds event, including regional news coverage for the 30-member team from an average of 15 media markets. Press hits included Entertainment Tonight Canada, Boston Globe, San Francisco Examiner and Orlando Sentinel.
- Developed marketing and advertising plans for national Climb Against the Odds and the Bay Area's Peak Hike. Wrote and coordinated production of ads featured in national publications, including Shape, Women and Cancer, and Women's Adventure magazines.
- Initiated and maintained the Breast Cancer Fund's Facebook and Twitter accounts. Coordinated education and engagement social media campaign that doubled the number of Facebook followers in a month, from 3700 to 7454 during Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2010.
- Coordinated three year-end online fundraising campaigns averaging $12,000 from 20,000 e-mail subscribers.
- Wrote and edited extensive organizational documents, including press releases, newsletter articles, blog posts, event collateral, video scripts and fundraising appeals.
Nov 2006 - Nov 2008
Coordinator of Secure America Tour, Contractor
Fourth Freedom Forum
- Facilitated nationwide Secure America speaking tour of leading foreign policy and military experts to create a debate in local communities on national security issues.
- Generated additional speaking opportunities, outside formal speaking engagements, by working with national organizations and community partners.
- Coordinated local press opportunities for the experts.
Sep 2005 - May 2007
- Recruited, maintained and managed a mainstream coalition of 40 national membership-based organizations united in a commitment to end the war in Iraq and prevent a military conflict with Iran. Activities included arranging meetings, creating grassroots materials and supporting coalition member’s outreach to membership.
- Managed and implemented WWW’s media, legislative and grassroots initiatives, including a campaign that created the first congressional debate on Iraq since 2003 and a campaign that generated over 1,000 rallies in all 50 states to oppose the president’s Iraq escalation policy.
- Developed and maintained the organization’s online resources, including the WWW website, StandUpCongress.org, and various campaign websites.
- Conducted timely research and analysis on issues pertaining to Iraq and Iran.
- Maintained the organization’s budget and development program.
Jul 2004 - Nov 2004
Deputy Research Director
Nancy Farmer for U.S. Senate
- Organized the campaign’s candidate and opposition research used in forming policy positions, producing campaign ads and preparing for candidate debates.
- Prepared a 150-page opposition research book.
- Composed lengthy opposition research documents.
- Conducted regular rapid-response research to address the opposition’s attacks.