Senior Facility Engineer
US department of State, American Embassy, caracas, venezuela
In charge of all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks leading a 22 tech ́s crew; developing and coordination of new A&E projects for the Embassy compound (26 acres) and the official Residences; Budget developing and new projects requirement for DOS.
- Participated on the development and lead the implementation of the new organizational structure for the Facility Management department increasing the general section efficiency and effectiveness in 60%.
- Coordinated 15 mayor construction projects inside the Embassy compound, between local construction companies, Department of State inspection teams from OBO office and local inspection and construction management companies, achieving in all cases the work completion within the established time frames and the original budgets.
- Coordinated the upgrading and/or replacement works for the electrical and mechanical equipments and systems serving the Embassy compound, achieving on each opportunity the total recovery of the fully operational condition on the upgrading cases and the implementation of state of the art technologies on the replacement cases.
- Lead all the remodeling and spaces renovation works for the Embassy building offices achieving more efficient use of the existing space providing work stations for 15% additional employees and renovating the existing office furniture and spaces finishing in 80% of the existing spaces and offices.
- Lead all the pre-purchase technical evaluation and the upgrading and make ready process of the New Chief of Mission Residence; a 5600 sq mt property and 2300 sq mt. construction house; successfully coordinating seven construction contractors thru the mechanical, electrical and architectural recovery and upgrading of the house; a 900K USD project, delivering the house on time for his occupancy.
- Keep control of the preventive and corrective maintenance operations for the Embassy Compound, the three Government Owned Residences and the Embassy warehouse; additionally provide support for the operation of around 100 leased apartments for the Embassy officials and diplomats, all that within the established time frames and budgeting according to the quality and standards of the State Department.