Chief Technology Officer
Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
• Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all developed system services.
• Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with staff to prepare wire-frames or mock-ups of prototypes of proposed system and web applications.
• Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
• Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology.
• Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
• Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers’ blogs!).
• Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
• Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
Create a single window registry (SWR)for the Office of Registrar
General of the Rwanda Development Board (ORG/RDB) with consolidated backend databases, unified user interface & integrated data exchanges, e-payments & e-services, by merging, upgrading & improving three legacy systems: Business Registration System (BRS), Registry of Movable Collaterals (RoMC) and Electronic Mortgage Registration System (e-MRS).
10 month project to be completed and successfully handed over to client on October 30th 2016.