Consultant: Project Technical Lead(Local)
DotGov Solutions LLC (Ashburn, USA) for the Rwanda Development Board
The Rwanda Development Board set out to create a comprehensive system to integrate functionality of all the independent systems housed under the RDB. This new comprehensive system soon to launch in June 2017 is called the Single Window Registry! A few of the independent systems to be integrated include:
1. Business Registration
2. Movable Collateral Registration
3. Mortgage Registration.
4. Investments Registration
5. Tourism Permit Registration.
6. Environmental Impact Assessment.
As the lead Consultant with the RDB on this Project, my roles are:
* Lead internal and external technical consultants on data conversion, system interfaces, data cleansing, data archiving, environment builds for global single instance of SWR.
* Lead the technical planning, designing, coding and testing of SWR.
* Provide leadership and technical guidance to all levels of personnel regarding programming/system related issues for the new SWR environment.
* Escalate issues.
* Provide guidance on change control and security set-up for a validated software system.
* Liaison closely application support groups to ensure a global plan is in place for post go-live support.
* Develop strategic plan for staffing and skills development of technical support staff.
* Lead the creation of data schemas for application topology.
*Coding and unit testing including JUnits
*Conduct peer review and provide feedback.
*Update sprint tracker with accurate information to identify the risk and issues proactively at the sprint level
*Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the PM at the project level
*Participate in CAR and help in preparing the data
*Conduct FIR; Process check master – to make sure that his team is following all the listed procedures
*Constantly looking for ways to increase the team’s velocity/productivity by eliminates the waste.
*People management & Technical management.
*Responsible for coaching, developing and managing project staff and ensuring business practices are effectively used
*Lastly, I ultimately have to be a reference book to the team members