- 17+ years of comprehensive career services and outplacement organization specializing in Executive Outplacement, Corporate Outplacement, Federal/Military Career Transition in areas such as Online Identity Branding, eMerging Media Marketing for Businesses and Professionals.
Outplacement, Career Issues, Executive Transition, Recruiting, Online and Offline Branding and Marketing, Business and Individual Coaching
As well as:
Special Needs/Special Education for children
Online Branding Social Networking
Movies and Entertainment
Sep 2008 - Present
eMerging Media and Business Consultant
O'Connor Entrepreneurial Options through Career Pro Inc.
- American Business Broker Certification in February 2008. Workwith executives and entrepreneurs in transition to buy or sell a business; provide entrepreneurial counseling to transitioning executives: Business Valuation using Comparative Sales and Industry Databases; Valuation Maximization Consulting; Staffing and Recruiting Consulting to New, Startup and Existing Businesses; Third Party Terms and Deal Structure Negotiation; Business Marketing Plans; Qualified Buyer Database Advisory; Screening and Qualification of Potential Buyers; Access to Small Business Financing Sources; Strategic Analysis; Technology Assessment; Placement of Private Notes; eMerging Media, Sales and Online Brand Building, Consulting for small businesses, business start-ups, business development, health care, human resources consulting and training.
Jan 1991 - Present
Our company focuses on outplacement, executive career coaching and innovative recruitment strategies for the global economy. Individuals and organizations may contract our company to help them achieve their career and business goals. Some notable information about my background and qualifications:
- Certified Career Branding Strategist - North Carolina's first through Reach Branding Club.
- Appointed Execunet Facilitator, Greensboro, NC monthly executive roundtable.
- Completed and Certified Career Coach (CECC); Certified Resume Writer (CRW); Credentialed Career Master (CCM). Recognized as the first private practice Certified Federal Job Search Trainer (CFJST) and the first Certified Federal Resume Writer (CFRW) in North Carolina.
- Featured in and is the author of many articles, including The Ladders, Raleigh News & Observer, Resume Writers Digest, The Gladiator, Execunet, Career Masters Institute Monthly Newsletter, Monster Career News, Carolina Newswire, Tech Journal, Carolina NewsWire, and other national career publications such as JIST's Expert Resume guides.
- Diversified experience includes serving as Area Chairman for the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR.org) and volunteer for education and ombudsman work regarding USERRA law, rights and responsibilities of soldiers and employers.
- Multi-year service on the Business Advisory Council for Wake County Human Services including recent re-election to Programming Chair BOD role for 2008-2009.
- Created web or e-based content for multiple websites, co-branded sites, LinkedIn Sites, executive biographies, web portfolios, web resumes, related corporate and personal branding tactical strategies.
- Developed and recommended new links, pages and consulted on the visual and written content of existing small business websites, LinkedIn sites, Facebook and YouTube (visual and written) sites.
- Appointed to the Board of Directors (2006) for Raleigh-Wake Human Resources Management Association (RWHRMA.org). Earned ABBA Business Broker Certification in 2008.
May 1985 - Mar 1996
United States Army Reserve
- Obtained Armor training at Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Primarily worked with various units in the United States Army Reserve
- Won recognition and promotions to S-1 liaison work
- Currently work with transitioning military through the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR.com) in North Carolina (Department of Defense)
Aug 1988 - Jun 1990
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Developed courses on American Fiction and taught hundreds of undergraduates in creative writing - fiction emphasis and other undergraduate courses.
- Created the undergraduate Creative Writing Program's first newsletter and recruiting tool utilized to recruit scholars across the Midwest.
- Successfully increased admission choices for the undergraduate Creative Writing Program, leading the program to an average 38% growth rate and receiving recognition for overseeing one of the largest undergraduate creative writing programs in the United States.
- Recruited several National Merit Scholars into the program.
1986 - 1988
Masters of Fine Arts
Winner, Richard Devine Memorial Scholarship for Fiction Manuscript
Fiction publications in Best Ohio Fiction, The Gaslight Review, Midwest Review, The George Mason Review and more
Activities and Societies: Assistant Editor, Midwest Review
Contributor, Midwest Review
1982 - 1985
Saint Lawrence University
Thanks to the US Army for allowing me to win a full tuition scholarship; this helped me pay for a very good but expensive school and also helped me explore the more creative side of the liberal arts degree.
Activities and Societies:
-ROTC Full Scholarship-The Laurentian - Selected as Senior Co-Editor of the Literary Publication for SLU-Director and Actor - multiple plays -Varsity Wrestling -Mummers (theater honorary) - for acting and directing
1981 - 1982
This was a great learning experience from working with a number of outstanding professors and having a championship wrestling season with a bunch of great people including my coach.
Activities and Societies: Varsity Wrestling (Captain and MVP of team) and worked on several volunteer organizations.