Flight Operations Inspector
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
1. Performs inspection and surveillance duties with respect to General Aviation in Tanzania.
2. Evaluates the appropriateness of the operator’s training programmes for pilots, including training facilities, equipment and simulators with respect to the aircraft being used.
3. Evaluates, for approval purposes, the training programmes / curricula offered by training organisations, including the appropriateness of facilities, equipment and training personnel.
4. Performs continuous surveillance, ramp and en route, of Tanzanian registered aircrafts as well as foreign aircrafts operating in Tanzania and reports on incidents and occurrences.
5. Prepares and conducts, and / or oversees where outsourced, the processes leading to pilot licensing, such as, preparation of examination and evaluations, including carrying out flight tests to evaluate pilot proficiency for aircraft type endorsement for check airman approval.
6. Works closely with Airworthiness, Licensing and other departments as and when required.
7. Maintains and updates own level of professional knowledge and standards.Performs duties at the satellite stations as may be assigned by the Chief Inspector Flight operations.