Show Producer | Programming Assistant
Programming AssistantJune 2010 - Present
- Selected to perform the awesome task of assisting our program director and news director for both our AM & FM stations. Already, I’ve helped to organize better processes of staff scheduling, training initiatives, staff meetings and job interviews and other standard duties. Responsible for writing copy, concepts and scripts and researching quality guests, contributors, newsmakers and experts. Also, because of my detailed and trustworthy nature, I’ve been given classified programming tasks that are crucial to the daily operation, overall sound and written image of our station.
Board Op/Show ProducerApril 2008 – Present
“Quiet Storm” & “Love & Relationships”, hosted by Joyce Littel (V-103), Real Estate 101 w/ Mary Gill, the Rick Joyner Show, the Derrick Boazman Show (WAOK) and Al Sharpton Show (board op).
- Served as the highly respected producer of V-103’s Quiet Storm and Love & Relationships hosted by Joyce Littel. Already an iconic show, I helped to bring more visibility, relevancy and purpose through structured scripts, the inclusion of more creative elements and social networking prowess through Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, Blogger and Wordpress, which boosted the show’s real-time communication with listeners. My skills, ability and creativity earned me additional shows to produce between both our FM and AM stations, as shown above, and encouraged the station to make social networking a part of our culture.
- Responsible for maintaining strong news/entertainment awareness and journalistic integrity to find and develop stories that appeal to broad and diverse audiences and not only intrigue listeners, but set the foundation for local, national and global impact. Manage control room operations, topics, assignments, monitored/screened phones and maintained consistent communication with contacts to stay abreast of breaking news and ideas.
- Known for employing superior organizational skills and utilizing them for proper planning/shaping of a show as well as manage show talent through the use and development of on-air scripts, time clocks, show prep calendars and cue cards. Also, paid close attention to detail to ensure the exact timing of stop sets, program logs, which helped to alert the talent of when to break, tease, take callers, move forward in thought or wrap up.
- Consistently complimented on my ability to build strong relationships with publicists, record reps & artist managers with primary focus and responsibility in coordinating and booking celebrity/guest appearances. Also, I was often chosen to serve as liaison with all other departments within the station, to include sales, promotions, programming and traffic.
- Noted as the “go-to girl” for social networking and how to manage multiple platforms during live broadcasts. Also mentored and trained new hires and interns on how to operate, run and direct live, remote and in-studio broadcasts with specific focus on tight board operations, thorough research, and the incorporation of film, TV & audio clips, and/or sound bites to add creative relevancy to the show. Also, used creative production ability to identify and produce imaging needs as well as write show scripts, ad copy and promotional content for various shows.
- Governed, managed and created all shows in accordance to the brand and culture of the station, as set forth by the program director and other established authorities of the company.