Assisted in providing students and faculty access to information, technology, and technical support to foster rich learning environments.
My role as the resource technology for Lincoln Hall Middle School was to:
* Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems; participate in technical training and professional developments.
* Help teachers integrate web 2.0 tools by training them to use tools such as:
- Our school blog and how to proper embed pictures, videos, songs, students work, etc.
* Work with students and staff in promoting information and technology literacy;
* Work closely with the school librarian in managing the day-to-day operations of the library;
* Provide individual and/or group demonstration of computer and information technologies and assist students and teachers in locating materials and information as appropriate to the learning environment planned by the teacher/librarian;
* Offer creative ideas and approaches to address issues; shares information, expertise and knowledge with the technology/library team;
The blog I maintain for Lincolnwood School District 74 is used to help teachers integrate technology in their classrooms and enhance learning through web 2.0 tools as well as to help students use these tools to facilitate their projects, presentations, etc. You can access it by clicking: http://lincoln.sd74.org/home/news/mrs-sousa.