- Leading departmental process control and improvement initiatives.
- Leading departmental process team.
- Leading plant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Commissioning of plant expansion project.
- Coordination of plant process activities and provision of process support to individual machine teams.
- Support planning department through the development and maintenance of production models.
FOIL PLANT EXPANSION PROJECT
- Responsible for process commissioning of R 500m expansion project (addition of two light gauge rolling mills).
- Led the mill start-up and first phase commissioning allowing for the realisation of critical project milestones.
- Selected operations team, compiled and implemented commissioning training matrix for 12 specialist operations individuals.
- Represented process team in contractor discussions in Germany.
- Selected for process training in the United States of America.
- Led technology exchange program with technology partners in Japan.
FOIL PLANT PROCESS CONTROL IMPLEMENTATION
- Led the departmental Controlled Processes implementation of the plant wide standardisation and improvement initiative (IMA).
- Planned, organised and controlled the development and implementation of 12 machine centre FMEA's and Control Plans through the direct engagement and coordination of in excess of 50 plant employees (including operations, technical and quality).
- Controlled the implementation process to meet and exceed plant implementation schedule for Controlled Processes.
FOIL PLANT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Led the departmental Improvement Projects leg of the plant wide standardisation and improvement initiative (IMA).
- Currently oversee and manage the execution of 8 active projects with forecast benefit of R 30m for the 2011 year.
- Identified and prioritised improvement initiatives, carried out first phase scoping and financial benefits analysis.
- Compiled and maintain departmental project planning, resource allocation and progress control for improvement initiatives.
MILL QUICK-CHANGEOVER PROJECT
- Initiated and led project to reduce mill coil-to-coil delays by 50% resulting in a productivity opportunity equating to approximately R 5m per annum.
- Project based on lean waste reduction principles.
MILL STRIP BREAKS SIX-SIGMA PROJECT
- Initiated and led project to reduce the strip breaks (and associated metal / productivity / sales loss) by 70%.
- Responsible for DMAIC phases as well as project team leadership.
- Overall project benefit calculated to be approximately R 20m per annum.
- To date project hs reduced strip breaks by 40% with associated forecast production benefit of R 8m per annum.
QUALITY INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Led implementation of plant wide Quality Information System for the identification and recording of machine centre process deviations.
- Project included the identification of process critical variables and coordination of specialist team in the system development and implementation phase.
OVERALL EQUIPMENT EFFECTIVENESS (OEE)
- Implemented rolling plant OEE capture and reporting system.
- OEE system captures and records machine centre availability data, quality data and productivity data for the purpose of machine centre control and improvement project initiative identification.
MASTER'S DEGREE (ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT) - Second Year
- Completed University of Pretoria's Master's Degree in Engineering Management with distinction.
MASTER'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
- Successful and self-initiated application to University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business MBA program for 2012 intake.