Director, Corporate Travel & Events
BET Networks / VIACOM
- Lead all travel related strategies, planning, execution and supervision of the travel program, as applied to BET Networks from the larger Viacom Corporate Travel Program.
- Recommend and implement tools, new processes and policy updates to enhance the program, bring savings and promote cost avoidance, which ultimately increase efficiencies and travelers’ productivity.
- Develop and maintain travel vendor relations in all categories (air travel, hotels, car rentals, car services, meetings/events, travel technology, travel agency/TMC), including customer service, contracting and payments.
- Manage the travel operations at headquarters, supervising the travel team, budgeting /forecasting, improving customer service and providing internal communications on travel policy and procedures updates.
- Oversee all aspects of the online travel booking tool (Concur), currently maintaining more than 80% adoption rate on online bookings, bringing major savings on transaction fees.
- Work along Viacom’s sourcing team in the annual update of the hotel program and other sourcing projects in other travel categories (airlines, car rentals and car services).
- Responsible for sourcing, contracting, housing and payments for all BET meetings and events, which range from filming in small venues to handling multiple room blocks for 15 other annual events (including 5 major award shows, such as the BET Awards and BET Experience, a multi-day festival).
- Successfully restructured the meetings program by centralizing all functions (sourcing, contracting, housing, and payment allocations) with the use of the latest meetings technology (Cvent & Passkey) and a winning team.
- Reduced BET’s financial and legal risk by strategically forecasting and managing large room blocks for events of all sizes, while also reducing meetings spend and increasing overall customer satisfaction.
- Bring innovation for continuous improvement. Pending projects include: the creation of an official Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP), implementing virtual card payments and increase the use of mobile technology for travel and expense reimbursement.