A Business Leader with extensive experience in Operational and Supply Chain Management in both B2B and B2C environments. Experienced in strategy formulation and implementation, P&L, client relationship management, establishing performance management frameworks, change management, cost reductions, continuous improvement, multi-site operations, multi-drop distribution, best practice implementation, leading large teams, trade union negotiation, developing and implementing new business strategies.
Golf & skiing
Director/Trustee Banbury Citizens Advice Bureau
Raised in excess £100k for industry charity
Apr 2007 - Present
Producing practical and bespoke Business Continuity Plans which deliver business benefits e.g. financial (reduced insurance premiums), improved management of the supply chain, enhanced image, and competitive advantage.
Jul 2005 - Mar 2007
Supply Chain Director
Reporting to the Managing Director responsibilities included managing a £50m P&L budget, £3m capital budget and four direct reports to oversee 2,000 staff and 500 subcontractors across 30 sites, delivering to 13,000 customers per day (3,500 multiples, 9,500 independents) via 900 routes.
· Responsible for the operational and customer service strategic plan.
· Led a step change in operational performance by providing both fresh leadership and management support after assessing team performance, clearing out bottlenecks, and resolving frustrations.
· Delivered KPI performance in excess of 99.5% and within cost budget after setting up early warning systems of potential shortfalls, ensuring an emphasis on delivery of the KPIs, and regularly evaluating team performance both collectively and as individuals.
· Managed operational and service performance along with client interface for 10 multi-million pound contracts.
· Saved £500k in the 2006/2007 fiscal year after specifying and obtaining full commitment from the Regional Team for a productivity system, which promoted multi-site best practice.
· Rescued an inherited Track and Trace system that was not delivering benefits to either the customer or the business by agreeing additional development to ensure the subsequent roll out was seamless and delivered more than the original predicted benefits.
· Developed a succession plan for senior operational positions including provision for individual career planning and development.
· Implemented a performance management framework linked to remuneration to enhance operational focus on service, financial delivery, and corporate governance including H&S and employment legislation.
· Negotiated with Trade Unions.
2000 - 2005
Dawson Marketing Services
1986 - 2000
1982 - 1986
Hogg Robinson Travel
1979 - 1982
2008 - Present
Certificate in Business studies