Technology Leadership Partner
Partner in national professional services firm providing IT leadership services to clients, including IT governance and controls, business strategy-IT alignment, PMO and project management best practices, and interim IT leadership services. Served as National Solution Team Leader for IT Governance practice during 2006-2007.
- Directed project to refresh IT strategic plan for $2.5B energy exploration and production company, including performing assessment of existing IT operations and benchmarking against COBIT and ISO industry standards.
- Directed ERP requirements definition and software selection effort for $40M apparel company, followed by project oversight during implementation phase.
- Conducted IT technical due diligence effort for potential acquisition of $120M electronic media distribution company. Successful results with this effort led to follow-on project to perform internal assessment of acquiring company’s own IT operations.
- Directed IT assessment and IT strategy development effort for consortium of 10 software companies seeking to streamline and standardize back office operations and leverage shared services across all 10 organizations.
- Directed IT assessment for diversified healthcare company with operations in nursing homes, hospice care, physical therapy, and pharmacy, focusing on evaluation of existing hosted services provider, network architecture and VOIP implementation.
- Directed IT operations assessment and strategy development for rehab hospital organization, including review of IT infrastructure and applications for recently acquired hospital facility.
- Provided program management services for financial consolidation system implementation for $1.5B global energy industry manufacturer and distributor.
- Performed Sarbanes-Oxley IT readiness assessment for $360M legal insurance company client, and directed IT controls remediation and testing activities (development of policies, procedures, logs, and other IT controls).
- Provided interim IT leadership services to $35M high-tech manufacturer, including development of IT strategic blueprint, chartering of IT Steering Committee, development of IT organization structure and job descriptions, mentoring of new IT director, evaluation of infrastructure outsourcing options, and oversight of key projects (ERP system enhancements, H.R. package selection, and web site enhancements).
- Performed assessment of IT offshore outsourcing vendor, including onsite evaluation of technical staff, physical and logical infrastructure, and project management methodologies at offshore facilities in Moscow, Russia.
- Developed course materials and taught courses for Technology Leadership Essentials executive education program, a joint offering of Tatum LLC and the Carnegie-Mellon University for CIO’s and IT executives.