Director of Applications Development
Oversaw application development, selection, customization, implementation, integration, and support for $1.2B specialty retailer with >1,100 locations in US, Canada Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Supervised 6 direct and 50 indirect reports. Administered budgets up to $20M. Developed strategic plans and goals. Managed portfolio of projects. Led design of technology solutions to meet business groups’ needs. Held oversight for wide variety of enterprise applications, including CRM, Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management, e-Commerce, and more. Directed change management, enterprise architecture, source control, security standards, and mainframe systems.
- Reduced costs >$4.6M through effective negotiation of software contracts.
- Saved >$40M by implementing WMS package for logistics operations.
- Achieved $20M in annual cost savings, on average, by restructuring IT department.
- Produced >$159M in new income by executing the project to sell the private label credit card business to Chase.
- Successfully led $7M Planning and Allocation implementation and integration project.
- Improved efficiency by implementing continuous improvement processes and introducing new work prioritization methodology.
- Enhanced productivity and quality by establishing new technical staff recruiting process.
- Consistently delivered projects on time and within budget.