Curative Health Services
Advanced through promotions during 17 years of dynamic change, repositioning and growth with a leading provider of high-touch Pharmacy Services which was recognized by Forbes as one of the country’s top 200 small companies for two consecutive years. The last four years as President.
President 2000 to 2004
Provided strategic leadership, operational guidance, and a strong focus on accelerating growth for $250M Specialty Pharmacy business unit. Complete authority for operating and capital expenses, full P&L accountability and responsibility for interfacing directly with investor community. Managed six VPs (finance, operations, sales (2), managed care, marketing) in the 250-employee organization.
• Integrated 10-pharmacy acquisitions over two-year period representing $175 million in invested capital.
• Established company as the 3rd largest U.S. distributor of select specialty pharmaceuticals.
• Drove 15% year-over-year organic growth.
• Consolidate and streamlined pharmacy locations to generated $4 million savings in operating expenses without disrupting services or negatively impacting a 94% satisfaction rating.
• Drove an aggressive standardization of operational procedures and associated Information Systems to increasd operating margins 50 bps and achieve operational efficiencies.
• Formed & chaired industry coalition that successfully lobbied HHS to double dispensing reimbursement rates.
• Secured $175 million of capital in multiple rounds of private equity and bond offerings to finance acquisitions