Jun 2014 - Present
Performing the technical tasks required to process new elevator orders. These tasks include interpreting customer and code requirements, providing approval documents, providing detail drawings for modified design requirements, generating bill of material requirements, manufacturing support, and branch office support. Working in a team environment to provide a quality product and continually improving the process. Interface with Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Product Improvement, Manufacturing, Sales, Construction, and Purchasing personnel.
- Perform technical reviews of elevator orders to ensure equipment estimated is compliant with equipment outlined in project scope documents. Gather information required to clarify ambiguous points and coordinate all activity associated with (internal and external) customer driven changes.
- Use computer aided drafting software to generate drawings for customer approval. Upon approval, or as changes to the project scope or job site conditions warrant, revise these drawings
- Create modified or custom designs, interface circuitry, and software routines of moderate complexity to satisfy customer requirements. Perform and document calculations required for modified or customs designs. Complete drawings used by manufacturing and construction personnel to build and assemble components.
- Assist designers and drafters with design modification as required
- Provide compatibility checks to ensure that components (i.e., cabs, entrances, and fixtures) will interface correctly. Provide supporting drawings as required.