Managing Director—Global Head of Hospitality Finance (2006 to 2009)
Executive Director – Hospitality Finance Unit (2004 to 2006)
Director / Associate Director - Hospitality Finance Unit (2000 to 2004)
At WestLB, a leading European commercial bank headquartered in Dusseldorf, Germany with total assets of $300B, co-founded global hospitality group platform; ultimately held complete management responsibility for a $3B real estate portfolio primarily composed of complex construction and development transactions as the Global Head of Hospitality Finance. Managed a staff of up to nine real estate professionals (US and Europe). Reported to Global Head of Originations with dotted line to the Board. WestLB exited from non-core businesses in 2009.
* Drove 50% year-over-year increases in fee income through strategic planning and implementation of a global business plan.
* Booked $500M in new originations and $10M in fees by developing and implementing aggressive new marketing plan for hospitality finance product (2006). Used advertising, conference sponsorships, speeches, and “rolodex networking” strategies to build brand awareness.
* Composed white paper that supported creation of a new business segment in the fractional residence and private residence club industry. The program increased fee income for group by 30% and made company the top provider of financing.
* Developed and implemented the risk policy and strategic plan annually for the Hospitality business unit ($3B portfolio).
* Proactively created workout and restructuring plans for fractured development and existing hotel properties to respond to current economic conditions.
* Successfully cross-sold treasury and other derivative products to banking clients.