Aug 2011 - Present
Aug 2009 - May 2011
Grand Valley State University
Sep 2012 - Present
Promotion & Education Intern
Michigan Farm Bureau
- Promoting agriculture to teachers across the state by writing articles, creating newsletters, and attending meetings.
- Gathering permissions for photos used for an alphabet book being published in collaboration with Michigan Farm Bureau.
Nov 2013 - Feb 2014
- Sold apartment units in a commission-based environment
- Greeted prospects, providing information and showing various apartments available for rent
- Asked appropriate questions to determine prospect needs
- Provided efficient service to current residents
- Marketing and social networking
Busch's Fresh Food Market
-Interact professionally with guests to ensure a pleasant visit
-Assist guests with requests for deli and bakery food items
-Daily production of salads and sandwiches for the ready-to-go sales wall
Jan 2013 - May 2013
Animal Behavior Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Michigan State University
-Assisted with grade of papers, exams and various other assignments
-Created final protocol along with professor and students for final lab report
-Organized and set-up weekly labs at various teaching farms on campus
May 2012 - Aug 2012
Field Scouting Intern
Britton Elevator, Inc.
- Monitored corn, soybean, and wheat fields daily for disease, insect, and weed infestations.
- Diagnosed problems within the fields to determine if the fields needed to be sprayed.
- Wrote up spray orders for the custom applicators on a daily basis.
- Sent weekly reports and newsletters to farmers detailing issues within their fields.
- Assisted with office work one day per week.
Jul 2011 - Apr 2012
Recreation Programming Assistant
Department of Natural Resources
- Marketed a seminar program "Hunting 101" with 20 people in attendance at Rifle River Recreation Area, including flyer production and scheduling of speakers.
- Organized Beach Olympics at Young State Park: gathering donations, creating flyers, creating beach games, and set-up of event.
- Participated and assisted in organization of Kayaking 101 at Leelanau State Park.
- Created multiple marketing flyers for different recreation events: Meteors & S'mores and Biking 101 flyers
National Agri-Marketing Association
- Director of Publications
- Promotions Committee
- Promotions Committee Chair
Animal Science Undergraduate Research Student Association
- Social Chair
- Research Committee
- ASURF Committee
Big Brothers/Big Sisters Mentor
Career Gallery Ambassador
Volunteer for National MS Society
- 3rd Place Outstanding Student Chapter 2013 - wrote Annual Report
- 5th Place Student Marketing Competition 2013 - created PowerPoint