Head of Finance
La Senza Ltd.
Reporting in to the CEO, responsible for the Finance function of this £170m turnover chain with 220 stores in the UK and Europe.
- Leading a team of 21, overhauled the management reporting, increased the information provided; improved the quality of that information and reduced the reporting time from 10 working days to 5.
- Renegotiated covenants with lenders.
- Responsible for non-stock procurement, reviewed all new supplier contracts and renegotiated several to ensure profit maximisation including stationery, consumables, cash collections, credit card processing and new eCommerce platform.
- Initiated and led company-wide cost-saving initiative which identified and secured over £2m annualised savings.
- Initiated and led project to improve morale and reduce staff turnover which led to a 20% reduction in staff turnover.
- Prepared and presented new store investment proposals and measured actual results against original proposals
- Restructured Finance department; removed and replaced individuals; defined roles more clearly; implemented month-end close process.
- Led the budget and quarterly forecast processes. Developed P&L and cash-flow model for forecasts and budgets.
- •Initiated n facilitated cross-department meetings to address business process issues; documented and redesigned processes; saw issues through to resolution.
- Produced statutory accounts for 9 entities with associated corporation tax computations.