Rock Jam As a sister event to Country Jam Colorado, Rock Jam also is home to headlining bands spanning from Classic Rockers like Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Twisted Sister while bringing in the new generation of Rock in the likes of Godsmack, Buckcherry, Saliva, Fuel and many more. Average attendance for the two-day festival, 39,000.
- Online and offline promotions before and during Rock Jam
- Creating social media buzz via Facebook, YouTube and SMS
- Attending events in the Grand Junction and Front Range area to promote Rock Jam
- Distributing information about Rock Jam via traditional and viral marketing
- Direct communication with multiple Advertising/Marketing Agencies dealing with sponsorship information
- Evaluate campaigns and translate ideas into reactions and results
- Communication with Rock Jam owners, event promoters, Artist Management, radio personalities, vendors and production teams
- Artist interviews, back stage and meet and greet assistance
Custom You Tube Channel Creation/Management
- Project Manager for the "Rock This" Video contest
- Set goal of 15 contest video uploads by fans, exceeded that goal and received 49 videos and 83 Subscribers with over 5,000 channel views
- Wrote all copy for contest rules and information
- Build awareness for Rock Jam through a secondary Social Media platform
- Interaction with fans
- Review and quality control of all videos
Facebook Fan Page
- In the month of August added 747 new likes, 644,772 post views and 3,215 in feedback, insights show significant increase in these numbers during the two day on site interaction.
- Daily communication with fans
- Facebook contests
- Photo uploads/interactions from the festival grounds to encourage fan participation and post up to date concert information
- Building a team of Rock Jam fans to participate in online discussions
Optimum Hot Spot (Social Media Tent)
After showing superior management skills, organization, ability to take initiative and demonstration of solid performance reviews, Shafer Marketing (Director of Marketing) increased my work load to include the management of the Optimum Hot Spot tent. Organized a phone charging "bar" where festival attendees could charge their phones and cameras. Instituted the use of laptops in the tent for social media interaction on site allowing festival-goers to upload pictures to the Rock Jam Facebook, participate in contests and discussions and view Videos from the Custom Rock Jam You Tube Channel. The Optimum Hot Spot tent was also host to meet and greets with the Canadian Rock band DEFAULT, a social relaxation hang out between performances and a free wireless "hot spot."
During the 2 day event I organized how the contests were implemented and what prizes were given away. Helped with emceeing the Optimum Hot Spot, "House of Rock" tent and on stage along side radio personalities and made promotional appearances on the Jumbotron. Assisted with troubleshooting technical difficulties behind the scenes and assisted the Director of Marketing for Country Jam in all areas of the festival.