To obtain a position that will utilize my skills and abilities and provide profession growth while benefiting the company.
I enjoy traveling as much as I can with my family.My son runs cross country and track and we spend a fair amount of time traveling on the weekends to watch his meets.
I am also on the Annual Gala Planning Committee at the Faine House.The Faine House is a temporary home for youth who have “aged out” at 18 years of age from foster care and have not been adopted.The focus of The Faine House is to help these teens complete their education, to develop employment and independent living skills while providing a safe and stable place to live.
Sep 2004 - Present
Assistant Vice President
Responsible for Client Services/Administration functions for Institutional Retirement Plans, including 401(k), Profit Sharing and Defined Benefit Pension Plans.
- Managed over 40 Institutional Retirement Plans with total assets exceeding $960 million/revenue exceeding $2 million
- Reviewed and interpreted retirement plan documents in order to explain provisions to clients.
- Developed ability to comprehend and communicate complex documentary issues.
- Gained experience in utilizing multiple computer systems.
- Conducted extensive research pertaining to participant issues, including eligibility calculations, distributions, loans and contributions by accessing various systems.
- Identified and resolved client problems. Coordinated appropriate team members to expedite resolutions to various issues, including payroll transactions, compliance testing and audit requirements.
- Reviewed and approved client fee invoices with accuracy, identified areas for cost savings for both the client and the company
- Focused on delivering excellent client service, which was frequently rewarded by client praise to managers and consistent high marks in performance evaluations. My client service efforts improved retention averages and increased sales of additional services to current clients. My clients always know that I care about them and will do my best to advocate for them and leverage all resources on their behalf.
- Trained and mentored new hires in both group and one-on-one settings. Developed new hire training materials. Helped develop tracking matrix for measuring learning criteria. Instructed veteran staff on legislative updates, including USERRA and PPA 2006 legislation, calculating eligibility and vesting methods.
- Lead multiple volunteer efforts for designated charitable organizations, including March of Dimes, United Way, and Junior Achievement.
Jul 1998 - Sep 2004
Associate/Marketing Specialist, Trust Officer
- Supported over 25 Retirement Services Business Development Officers in the Southeast Region
- Designed and formatted sales presentations for sales staff for use in all types of retirement plan sales opportunities
- Culled multiple industry specific resource databases, analyzing and compiling best market opportunities by region. Developed pipeline tracking spreadsheet for sales team and management group.
- Created management reports for National Sales Manager
- Outlined annual NASA/Life Insurance Continuing Education requirements for each licensed sales representative to eliminate suspension
- Conceptualized, organized and executed multiple national sales meetings, holding each meeting in a different location across the US. Worked with sales team to select and oversaw each element of conferences, including coverage topics, sites and venues, schedules, menus, and external dining locations. Refined presentation materials and conducted pre-presentation coaching sessions for speakers.
Jul 1996 - Sep 1998
Managed over 10 employees, providing oversight for the day to day operational functions for the Central Florida Institutional retirement division
- Provided oversight of day to day processing of client contributions and loan payments, opening new retirement accounts
- Tracked new business documentation for complete and accurate packet
- Trained and coached new employees which in return led to reduced employee turnover
- Managed and distributed department projects
Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator Certification, May 2014
Investment Fundamentals, Certificate received 2000
Qualified 401k Administrator
Designation received December 2010