- Two years professional communications experience in leadership role for school district.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Easily builds relationships.
- Trustworthy and energetic. Able to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Effective graphic design skills help to visually connect with target audiences.
Seeking a communications position within an organization that will benefit from my creativity, dedication to customer service and quality work, community involvement and professionalism.
- Stanwood Chamber of Commerce Board Member (November 2008 - Present)
- Stanwood Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee Member (2009)
- Stanwood Area Foundation Board Member (September 2007 - September 2008)
- Award of Excellence for External Newsletter, presented by the Washington School Public Relations Association, 2009
- Public Relations Student of the Year, presented by Pacific Lutheran University, 2007
Jun 2007 - Present
Public Information Coordinator
Stanwood-Camano School District
- Serves as the official school district spokesperson for all information updates and crisis communication efforts.
- Works closely with the superintendent and school board to plan and implement district-wide proactive communication plan with programs and campaigns to build relationships with staff, parents, and the community to support student learning. Programs include:
- Developing and maintaining information on district website, www.stanwood.wednet.edu using Joomla! CMS and leading training sessions for school staff.
- Developing and maintaining Key Communicator Network comprised of 55 influential community members engaged in two-way communication with the school district.
- Writing content and designing layout for all district publications and marketing materials, including website, presentations, newsletters (internal & external audiences), videos, election information, annual performance reports, and press releases.
- Writing monthly district-wide staff e-newsletter to reach approximately 600 staff members with useful updates on district budget and other upcoming issues, helpful tips and reminders, and news from around the district.
- Working closely with local media outlets to publish stories that are of interest to target audiences.
- Establishing district-level partnerships between schools and local community organizations and has initiated connections for numerous school-level partnerships.
Sep 2006 - May 2007
Public Relations Intern
- Communication and graphic design internship. Worked closely with superintendent to unify Franklin Pierce School District’s image and publications using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Coordinated multiple assignments, including writing press releases, designing publications for numerous departmental needs, and planning events.
- Created surveys to research internal and external public opinion regarding quarterly newsletter changes.
- Implemented a redesign of the FPS quarterly newsletter using stimulating design concepts, writing articles, and showcasing school happenings.
May 2004 - Dec 2006
- Held multiple positions throughout three years: Customer Accounting intern, Information Systems intern, Wells Dam Accounting intern and assistant to the Public Information Officer.
- Helped write and design a brochure to inform customers of the options available with the PUD fiber optic / broadband network.
- Designed two newspaper advertisements for the 2006 Douglas County PUD exhibit at the North Central Washington Fair.
- Answered phones on the PUD switchboard, answered customer questions, took customer payments, and signed customers up for new service.
Aug 2003 - May 2007
Bachelors of Arts in Communication
Along with PLU course work, I was actively involved in several Communications-related activities outside of the classroom.
Creative Services Team Co-Chair, PLU Media Lab
- Involved in promotion of PLU Media Lab internship program to partner skilled PLU students with local media organizations.
- Assisted in the shooting and editing of a promotional video as well as the writing and design of brochures.
Public Relations Team Leader, PLU School of Arts & Communication Week
- Led a team of six to create promotional materials, plan for the SOAC week community event, and coordinate professional speaker times and locations.